What motivates people to plaster themselves in tattoos?

Watch
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What I find even more bizarre is hows some of them will swipe right on dating apps, as if they even stand a chance with ‘butter wouldn’t’ melt cuteness.
Georgev21
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
"What motivates people to plaster themselves in tattoos?" - i like them
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
1. Looks sick 2. It's my body 3. Don't care if some rando on Tinder doesn't like it, easy to find someone who does
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What motivates people to judge others that have tattoos?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've no idea.
Unless they are rock stars, tatoo artists or members of a counterculture movement.
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDec)
What motivates people to judge others that have tattoos?
Not being judgemental. Just curious. Even more curious why I get loads of likes from tattooed guys, definitely not attracted to any of them,
glassalice
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
To fit in with everyone else.
Joleee
Report 1 month ago
it's self-expression, like fashion. also, often tattoos represent something meaningful in that person's life (names, dates, crosses, symbols of courage, faith, freedom, love, etc).
username4521132
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
Not being judgemental. Just curious. Even more curious why I get loads of likes from tattooed guys, definitely not attracted to any of them,
tbh once they found out you are a privately educated, ex-city worker, home owner and tory member
they won't be attracted to you either
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by yeetouttawindow)
tbh once they found out you are a privately educated, ex-city worker, home owner and tory member
Burn.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As someone from an east asian background I don't understand it either as tattoos are often associated with gangs. I also cringe when people tattoo something in an Asian language without knowing what it means.
betway6
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Never understood it myself, they're ugly af. It has the 'I just got out of prison and am uneducated' vibe.
Moonlight rain
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They want to help their brother escape prison
MyFightSong
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I always assumed it was an insecurity thing, especially when you see people with tattoos all over their face. Like really? You must think you're real ugly to want to cover your face up.
hungrysalamander
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by MyFightSong)
I always assumed it was an insecurity thing, especially when you see people with tattoos all over their face. Like really? You must think you're real ugly to want to cover your face up.
It means that they will never need to get a job
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by yeetouttawindow)
Win - win.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Motivational plasters? :iiam:
CatInTheCorner
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
What I find even more bizarre is hows some of them will swipe right on dating apps, as if they even stand a chance with ‘butter wouldn’t’ melt cuteness.
I'm a girl, and I love tattoos. I want to get some, and I like it if my partner has some. They're art, and as an art student I've always loved art you carry with you, like your clothes or a funky haircut. Plastered or a small one on your ankle, I don't care, they're awesome! ( so long as not hate speech etc )
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
Some of them look nice depending on what it is, where it is, how much is covered and what the reasons are. Context matters. Ultimately it’s none of my business anyway.
CountBread
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some people find it very aesthetic and pleasing to the eye. I do, I don't have tattoos but I might when I'm old and weathered - kinda like Iggy Pop look but less aggressive lol.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise