esweller13
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Next year I'm planning to take Maths, Business and Italian at a-level. Idk if to take business or economics tho because I love business but at the same time at uni im thinking of doing an economics degree but some universities say you don't need economics to take it as a degree but you need maths. Anyone got any advice?
dashaman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i would say have a look at the specs and see what you think about the topics that are taught. from what i’ve heard economics is more about the decisions people make instead of the actual economy (ofc there’s bits about it but yea)
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by esweller13)
Next year I'm planning to take Maths, Business and Italian at a-level. Idk if to take business or economics tho because I love business but at the same time at uni im thinking of doing an economics degree but some universities say you don't need economics to take it as a degree but you need maths. Anyone got any advice?
Hey

If you enjoy it I would recommend you take it! It makes it a lot easier to study subjects when you like them and have genuine interests in them.

I would recommend speaking to the business teachers or having a look at the specs online, and see whether it's for you or not!

Hope this helps,
Sian- UoP Rep
AmberLeighEvie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
for economics I think its best to focus on maths my friend does bothe economics and maths and even though her economics is high theyre more interested in maths anyway. unless economics is required for a degree I'd do business. I do business a level and its quite good it also covers a varied range of topics all to do with business and some things overlap like PED AND YED. Also a lot of people change their mind while doing A levels as they're more focused on a topic so I'd just say do what's fun and it's likely with maths you'd be able to do economics either way.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (10)
31.25%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
6.25%
No I am happy with my choice (18)
56.25%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads