Best Univeristy for pharmacy in London other than UCL and Kings

Watch
Husainmkr
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I got an AAC (chem, bio and c in math) in my a levels and I want to study pharmacy in Uni. The problem is I want to be in London and I can’t get into kings, or ucl with my grades. What university is good for pharmacy in London.
dashaman
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe imperial?
artful_lounger
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dashaman)
maybe imperial?
Imperial doesn't offer pharmacy. Also odds would be that their entry requirements would be higher than KCL or UCL if they did.

(Original post by Husainmkr)
I got an AAC (chem, bio and c in math) in my a levels and I want to study pharmacy in Uni. The problem is I want to be in London and I can’t get into kings, or ucl with my grades. What university is good for pharmacy in London.
Why are you restricting yourself to London? That will limit your options a fair bit. From the look of things the other main options are Greenwich or Kingston; I'm not sure how many other unis in London offer that course.
Husainmkr
Rep:
?
I know than Greenwich pharmacy school is Medway school of pharmacy which is a pretty good school. Is Kingston a good university? In terms of reputation and for pharmacy?
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
https://www.whatuni.com/degree-cours...ocation=london

Gives loads of options. Some known names that I saw that fit your entry requirements just right were Kingston and Queen Mary University of London but have a look at all of them and make your own decision
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I know than Greenwich pharmacy school is Medway school of pharmacy which is a pretty good school. Is Kingston a good university? In terms of reputation and for pharmacy?
According to Kingston its been rated the number 1 university in London for pharmacy for the past 3 years if you look at their website.
Husainmkr
Rep:
?
(Original post by artful_lounger)
Why are you restricting yourself to London? That will limit your options a fair bit. From the look of things the other main options are Greenwich or Kingston; I'm not sure how many other unis in London offer that course.
University of Greenwich pharmacy school is medway school of pharmacy which is a pretty good school. What about Kingston, is it a good university in terms of reputation and for pharmacy?
Husainmkr
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
According to Kingston its been rated the number 1 university in London for pharmacy for the past 3 years if you look at their website.
I’ll take a look at that
Husainmkr
Rep:
?
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
https://www.whatuni.com/degree-cours...ocation=london

Gives loads of options. Some known names that I saw that fit your entry requirements just right were Kingston and Queen Mary University of London but have a look at all of them and make your own decision
On the website u attached it said kings would accept 93-136 ucas points for pharmacy. My current point is 128, doesn’t that mean I would be eligible?
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
On the website u attached it said kings would accept 93-136 ucas points for pharmacy. My current point is 128, doesn’t that mean I would be eligible?
Unfortunately no. I wouldn't say the website is 100% correct and would recommend checking the actual university course page to be certain about exact values. KCL doesn't use ucas points (only a level offers) from what I can tell from their webpage and they require an AAB. What the website most likely did was average the grade requirements the university has had across the years and convert it into ucas points to give a range (no idea why they'd do that).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (28)
5.57%
Uncertainty around my education (58)
11.53%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (60)
11.93%
Lack of purpose or motivation (66)
13.12%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (28)
5.57%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (22)
4.37%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (53)
10.54%
Financial worries (30)
5.96%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (20)
3.98%
Exposure to negative news/social media (32)
6.36%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.98%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (49)
9.74%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (42)
8.35%

Watched Threads