Good First Date Ideas Central London?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So i’m meeting a girl and i’m not from London, i’m from the midlands and will be coming via train and meeting her in central.

Generally I like to do an activity followed by a meal. My general go to activity is mini golf but i’m not too sure what to do around central London and I don’t want to spend a bomb on food hopefully something around £80 ish for the both of us as a limit and probably £40 for the activity. I’m hoping all in it won’t be much more than £150 if that’s ok? Let me know if you have any suggestions for my first date with this girl?
Hazzz01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I prefer it in this form: DD/MMM/YYYY anything else is really irritating.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Ugh I want a date tooo
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So i’m meeting a girl and i’m not from London, i’m from the midlands and will be coming via train and meeting her in central.

Generally I like to do an activity followed by a meal. My general go to activity is mini golf but i’m not too sure what to do around central London and I don’t want to spend a bomb on food hopefully something around £80 ish for the both of us as a limit and probably £40 for the activity. I’m hoping all in it won’t be much more than £150 if that’s ok? Let me know if you have any suggestions for my first date with this girl?
If you want to go out in Central London, and are on a budget, you can't go wrong spending it taking a walk on the South Bank. There's always a lot going on there, and it's completely free to walk around. Furthermore, there's all the famous sites along the way (e.g. Big Ben & Houses of Parliament, The Millennium wheel; the Jubilee gardens etc. You've also got other tourist attractions such as London Dungeons, and IMAX Cinema (3D), and there's the West End shops (e.g. Oxford St, Piccadilly Circus etc.) that's only about a 10 min walk away.

Oh, there's also lots of catering outlets along the South Bank as well... but it mostly tends to be street food. Still, the West End has lots of classier restaurants if you prefer.

EDIT:- Camden Market is an alternative place that's not too far from Central London... I've never seen anywhere else like it (in the UK at least) and the home of the late Amy Winehouse, so is probably more suited if you wanted something that's different and wanted more of an indie / hipster type vibe.
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 1 month ago
ANM775
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

I sincerely hope the girl you are meeting for a date is a person you already have met before or long distanced gf and not a random off a dating site

don't drop £150 on a girl you're not even banging...

take such a girl to wetherspoons or something.
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I sincerely hope the girl you are meeting for a date is a person you already have met before or long distanced gf and not a random off a dating site

Personally, I would advise against a Weatherspoon's type pub because

a) Music will be too loud, he doesn't really want to be competing with that Little Mix track for her attention
b) His eyes are likely to wonder onto the leggy blonde in the hot-pants... she will catch him and respect him less for it.

For the pub route, I would suggest somewhere quieter, preferably with a feature such as a pool table. The pool table will provide an activity to do and a talking point, and he gets to check out her ass as she bends over the table to get that tricky shot . Seriously, pool is one of those sports it's OK for guys to be a bit rubbish at... on the other hand, if he's good, then he can "coach" her (and also initiates some "safe" body contact.
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
Personally, I would advise against a Weatherspoon's type pub because

a) Music will be too loud, he doesn't really want to be competing with that Little Mix track for her attention
b) His eyes are likely to wonder onto the leggy blonde in the hot-pants... she will catch him and respect him less for it.

For the pub route, I would suggest somewhere quieter, preferably with a feature such as a pool table. The pool table will provide an activity to do and a talking point, and he gets to check out her ass as she bends over the table to get that tricky shot . Seriously, pool is one of those sports it's OK for guys to be a bit rubbish at... on the other hand, if he's good, then he can "coach" her (and also initiates some "safe" body contact.
I took a date to weatherspoons once it was fine. no loud music. no music at all. my eyes did not wonder. there wasn't much there to wonder too tbh..

I took another to that same weatherspoons and it was fine too, actually later i found out i got my wires crossed and she thought it was a friends thing lol, but there were no problems whilst there.

the pool table thing can be risky because the pub/bar likely only has one table.. and other people might be using it, or you might get on it and then other people come over asking for a game/match with you .. or winner stays on or something .....and this interaction has the risk of turning your outing from an event for 2, into some sort of group thing ....and then the next thing you know you've got a couple of Chads more interested in your girl than playing pool ...and when you go to the toilet you come back to find your girl eager to have a go on your new friends pool stick, and i'm not talking about snooker anymore either if you catch my drift.

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/d6a/...quare.w700.jpg
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

How stingy you are man!!!
Did you just say Wetherspoons?!?!

I don't have any issue with Wetherspoons myself however you seem to make a great deal for £150... Ok I know a good number of people may not be willing to spend this amount and maybe not be in the position to do so.

When was the last time you went to a date by the way? Was it in Wetherspoons?!
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I took a date to weatherspoons once it was fine. no loud music. no music at all. my eyes did not wonder. there wasn't much there to wonder too tbh..

I took another to that same weatherspoons and it was fine too, actually later i found out i got my wires crossed and she thought it was a friends thing lol, but there were no problems whilst there.
Maybe it depends on the day you go and where the Weatherspoon's is located... but they DO HAVE a reputation for being lively and loud and with large groups of people; especially in the evening.
the pool table thing can be risky because the pub/bar likely only has one table.. and other people might be using it, or you might get on it and then other people come over asking for a game/match with you .. or winner stays on or something .....and this interaction has the risk of turning your outing from an event for 2, into some sort of group thing ....and then the next thing you know you've got a couple of Chads more interested in your girl than playing pool ...and when you go to the toilet you come back to find your girl eager to have a go on your new friends pool stick, and i'm not talking about snooker anymore either if you catch my drift.

https://pyxis.nymag.com/v1/imgs/d6a/...quare.w700.jpg
LMFAO :lol:

That's why it's always a good idea to do a little research on the place to see what the general vibes like... and to be fair, I did say a quieter pub

Anyway, I'll shut-up now, before we make the guy so paranoid, he won't do anything.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

There is actually a great place where you and your date can go but I think they might be closed due to the Covid restrictions.
It's more of a place where only adults go...
And it's great!!!
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucifer323)
How stingy you are man!!!
Did you just say Wetherspoons?!?!

I don't have any issue with Wetherspoons myself however you seem to make a great deal for £150... Ok I know a good number of people may not be willing to spend this amount and maybe not be in the position to do so.

When was the last time you went to a date by the way? Was it in Wetherspoons?!
I'm not stingy.
I'll spend more coin on a girl i'm actually dating/know ....not some random girl i'm meeting for the first time. If a date has been arranged then i'll spend enough to buy a meal at a non luxury venue eg: weatherspoons

I don't spend money on random girls in bars/clubs. in fact i've had 3 random girls that i met at the clubs buy me drinks. a random girl almost talked me into buying her a drink once ..but i refused.
Last edited by ANM775; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Can I ask at what time are you guys going out?
Anonymous #1

No I met her on instagram and have had no prior relationship with her and Idk I haven’t really been on many first dates this is my 2nd one so i’m not really sure what’s classed as acceptable.
Anonymous #1
Can I ask at what time are you guys going out?
Like 3pm - 7pm ish
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.27%
Uncertainty around my education (36)
10.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (38)
11.34%
Lack of purpose or motivation (47)
14.03%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.07%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.18%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (34)
10.15%
Financial worries (24)
7.16%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (15)
4.48%
Exposure to negative news/social media (21)
6.27%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (9)
2.69%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.15%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (25)
7.46%

Watched Threads