have any other women/girls had bad experiences on dating apps ie it not going anywher

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I took a different approach to dating apps. Last time I put my best / unrealstic pics up and got a lot of matches. Lots of people far away and that wouldnt work but some nearby in my city. Out of htese a bunch were unserious and didnt put effort in- which was so sad because I genuinely was attracted to them, this leaves a smaller category of those who were serious, then there were some I wasnt even atracted to (which i regret swiping on). Some asked to video call and because I wasnt wearing makeup at the time I was terrifeid of doing so. Eventually I was left with one person. He wantd to video chat and I couldnt due to lack of privacy in my home but mentioned a later date. He gfelt like it was too slow and boom I have nobody left. I restarted this whole experience with pictures of me looking more natural thinking if someone asked to video chat id look the same as my picures (my pictures closely resemble how i really look ) I thought this would be way less daunting as i dont have to worry so much about me looking ugly as my pictures are reflective of how i really look (so i thought ). Same thing has happeend again, i thought this experince would go so much smoother buts it sthe same, people are unserious, some people matches and unmatched, some ignore message, some emssage me then air my reply, and the thought of video chatting them terrifies me still- but if the time comes ill force myself to do so. I dont want to progress further and then end up facetiming for them to find me ugly and be a dissapointment and vice versa. Do you girls relate, is this how all dating apps are? why is it so tricky and tough experience? Forgot to mention I have anxiety so none of this helps- i wnat to take these steps to get rid of my anxiety
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hate dating apps. I've had some positive experiences but the majority have been negative/ no-go's.

The majority of people (more men than women but also men) use photos that are old/ filtered/ do not reflect them currently. A lot of people aren't honest/ transparent about what they want. If they want a hook-up, say so. Most have the same bio over and over - everyone loves hiking, the outdoors, go to the gym and like to advertise that they have their own house/ car. Or similar photos - men holding fish or in group photos with the 'lads'. Girls with makeup and pouts/ out with the 'gals'.

It works both ways, I think it's probably very rare to have success through any dating apps, especially now everyone uses them.

You sound quite insecure about your looks and adding photos that don't reflect how you are just adds problems. If you're not ready for video calling/ chatting to anyone if you don't have makeup on, then maybe address those first. They don't say to focus on yourself first for no reason!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Bexjw)
I hate dating apps. I've had some positive experiences but the majority have been negative/ no-go's.

The majority of people (more men than women but also men) use photos that are old/ filtered/ do not reflect them currently. A lot of people aren't honest/ transparent about what they want. If they want a hook-up, say so. Most have the same bio over and over - everyone loves hiking, the outdoors, go to the gym and like to advertise that they have their own house/ car. Or similar photos - men holding fish or in group photos with the 'lads'. Girls with makeup and pouts/ out with the 'gals'.

It works both ways, I think it's probably very rare to have success through any dating apps, especially now everyone uses them.

You sound quite insecure about your looks and adding photos that don't reflect how you are just adds problems. If you're not ready for video calling/ chatting to anyone if you don't have makeup on, then maybe address those first. They don't say to focus on yourself first for no reason!
The whole filtering thing id say is more girls tbh. With guys its much easier for them to not catfish because obviously they dont wear makeup or use filters etc(some probably do but not in my case). Have you met up with anyone in real life from the dating apps and isnt your good experiences making the apps worth it? and have you gone into a relatinoship frm one of these dates, or by good experiences do you mean oyu jsut came across some decent guys?

yes youre right about me being insecure, theres nothing i can do to change myself being insecure except just trying to get over it which im slowly doing by forcing myself to do these things
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I took a different approach to dating apps. Last time I put my best / unrealstic pics up and got a lot of matches. Lots of people far away and that wouldnt work but some nearby in my city. Out of htese a bunch were unserious and didnt put effort in- which was so sad because I genuinely was attracted to them, this leaves a smaller category of those who were serious, then there were some I wasnt even atracted to (which i regret swiping on). Some asked to video call and because I wasnt wearing makeup at the time I was terrifeid of doing so. Eventually I was left with one person. He wantd to video chat and I couldnt due to lack of privacy in my home but mentioned a later date. He gfelt like it was too slow and boom I have nobody left. I restarted this whole experience with pictures of me looking more natural thinking if someone asked to video chat id look the same as my picures (my pictures closely resemble how i really look ) I thought this would be way less daunting as i dont have to worry so much about me looking ugly as my pictures are reflective of how i really look (so i thought ). Same thing has happeend again, i thought this experince would go so much smoother buts it sthe same, people are unserious, some people matches and unmatched, some ignore message, some emssage me then air my reply, and the thought of video chatting them terrifies me still- but if the time comes ill force myself to do so. I dont want to progress further and then end up facetiming for them to find me ugly and be a dissapointment and vice versa. Do you girls relate, is this how all dating apps are? why is it so tricky and tough experience? Forgot to mention I have anxiety so none of this helps- i wnat to take these steps to get rid of my anxiety
Don't use dating apps if you want decent people that are serious about relationships... period.
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
Don't use dating apps if you want decent people that are serious about relationships... period.
I'm sure that's included in the fine print somewhere while joining
Anonymous #1
(Original post by JustSomeGuy:/)
but how else am i suppose to meet someone lol. I find it really difficult to meet people in person adn ive also mentinoed in my bio that if theyre not serious they should go away
Chicken.M.
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah don't catfish people with filters lol. I don't even use social media anymore because of how fake everyone is. Can't be arsed with it.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
but how else am i suppose to meet someone lol. I find it really difficult to meet people in person adn ive also mentinoed in my bio that if theyre not serious they should go away
I wish I knew what the answer to this is too. Considering my first gf I met at college and my current I met online playing a game, I feel incredibly lucky to find someone in those circumstances. If I were to be single tomorrow I'd have no idea where to look if dating apps don't work because I just stumble upon these girls. Is patience really the key?
Anonymous #1
yeah i think youre definitely lucky. Same with others they just stumble across people and that never happens. Ever for me. Its sad
Anonymous #1
I wish I knew what the answer to this is too. Considering my first gf I met at college and my current I met online playing a game, I feel incredibly lucky to find someone in those circumstances. If I were to be single tomorrow I'd have no idea where to look if dating apps don't work because I just stumble upon these girls. Is patience really the key?
yeah i think youre definitely lucky. Same with others they just stumble across people and that never happens. Ever for me. Its sad
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Chicken.M.)
Yeah don't catfish people with filters lol. I don't even use social media anymore because of how fake everyone is. Can't be arsed with it.
i dont catfish though, thats what im saying im not doing that
JustSomeGuy:/
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Most won't care what your bio say unfortunately (they just swipe without thinking). The only thing I can tell you is that you have to go socialize... go out more often and talk to people. You could talk to friends of friends to widen the pool of people you know and you'll continue to talk to more people and then maybe even find a love interest at some point. Unfortunately after school/college/uni it is hard to find a partner and it is what it is but you've still got plenty of options. You just need to try a bit harder now. :rolleyes:
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
Please don't catfish. You're just adding to the problem of dating apps.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Please don't catfish. You're just adding to the problem of dating apps.
omg I am definitely not catfishing !!! idk why people keep mentioning this lol
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i dont catfish though, thats what im saying im not doing that
omg I am definitely not catfishing !!! idk why people keep mentioning this lol

You said you put up unrealistic photos of yourself before, that’s why they said it. But I know you aren’t doing so now though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (30)
15.63%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (60)
31.25%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.98%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.73%
I think it's an unfair expectation (49)
25.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed