SomeOG
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to improve on Biology and Chemistry since I completely flopped my mocks, do you know any ways to help me improve further
Edit: I tried past papers before but they didn't work so i resulted in watching the past paper videos.
The grades i want to get is at least a 7 whereas as now I am hitting 4's which is terribly bad and I am doing higher.
I struggle mostly on biology as we didn't get to learn much as our teacher were focusing on other topics instead of going back to the other topics and making us relearn it.
Last edited by SomeOG; 1 month ago
Hellllpppp
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It’s difficult to give you advice when we don’t know you.

How did you revise?
What grades do you need?
What grades did you get?
Was there a particularly weak area of content or a weak assessment objective?
SomeOG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
It’s difficult to give you advice when we don’t know you.

How did you revise?
What grades do you need?
What grades did you get?
Was there a particularly weak area of content or a weak assessment objective?
I 've just edited my question.
Hellllpppp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SomeOG)
I want to improve on Biology and Chemistry since I completely flopped my mocks, do you know any ways to help me improve further
Edit: I tried past papers before but they didn't work so i resulted in watching the past paper videos.
The grades i want to get is at least a 7 whereas as now I am hitting 4's which is terribly bad and I am doing higher.
I struggle mostly on biology as we didn't get to learn much as our teacher were focusing on other topics instead of going back to the other topics and making us relearn it.
Before doing the past papers did you revise the content. Active revision is best, have you tried using Seneca before? Physics and maths tutor has flash cards (I think) which are good if you don’t like Seneca. Another revision technique is blurting where you quickly write down everything you remember about a topic then look back at some notes and correct what you’ve written (you could use physics and maths tutor summary notes or freesciencelessons on YouTube to make the corrections).

Once your confident with the content then do a paper. I don’t know if you’re doing triple or double but if you do triple and run out of papers you can always use double papers to revise. I ended up buying the cgp practice papers which are alright for revision but I found them more difficult than actual exam questions.

Physics and maths tutor have questions by topic which will be useful when you’re in year 11 and haven’t covered all of the paper 2 so can’t do a full paper. I’m assuming you covered all the paper 1 content despite lockdown but if you haven’t I recommend using physics and maths tutor exam questions until you have.
SomeOG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hellllpppp)
Before doing the past papers did you revise the content. Active revision is best, have you tried using Seneca before? Physics and maths tutor has flash cards (I think) which are good if you don’t like Seneca. Another revision technique is blurting where you quickly write down everything you remember about a topic then look back at some notes and correct what you’ve written (you could use physics and maths tutor summary notes or freesciencelessons on YouTube to make the corrections).

Once your confident with the content then do a paper. I don’t know if you’re doing triple or double but if you do triple and run out of papers you can always use double papers to revise. I ended up buying the cgp practice papers which are alright for revision but I found them more difficult than actual exam questions.

Physics and maths tutor have questions by topic which will be useful when you’re in year 11 and haven’t covered all of the paper 2 so can’t do a full paper. I’m assuming you covered all the paper 1 content despite lockdown but if you haven’t I recommend using physics and maths tutor exam questions until you have.
I have revised before the past papers but when I do them my mind goes blank and I just don't remember anything.
I'll have a look at the Physics and Maths Tutor
Hellllpppp
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by SomeOG)
I have revised before the past papers but when I do them my mind goes blank and I just don't remember anything.
I'll have a look at the Physics and Maths Tutor
My teachers gave me these knowledge tests to help me revise which were really helpful. I think my sister had a similar thing in her revision book she was given, it’s called “Oxford Revise: AQA GCSE Biology Revision and Exam Practice”
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (44)
28.03%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.92%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.05%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.01%

Watched Threads