I feel like I am not properly bonding with my housemate and that she is judging me

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This is silly but since living in a new city it has been difficult making friends and have been isolated. To be honest due to my crap childhood and teens and growing up in poverty withlearning disability life has never stopped being stuggle. I am a independent but sociable person but recently moved in a new place with a young lady who is really nice and comes from a good family, has friends and loves gossip and social media. I am more the quirky type. I taken over the room of her housemate who is very close to her. My life has been isolated that I do not have much to tell her accept make jokes and it's like she knows my life is bad. I used to have my own place and have done house shares. I am thinking of getting my own place. Any advice?
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Housemate; sometimes it's more emphasis on the house and not the mate and just because you are sharing a place doesn't mean you have to be bestest buddies, just respectful of each other.

Be practical; can you afford a place on your own, or would you save more money continuing in a house share for a while longer? Is it convenient for work, shops, travel etc? It doesn't sound like there's any particular issues where you are, just you aren't that compatible. Try finding some activities where you can meet like-minded people to feel less isolated, and just learn to be comfortable with your housemate.
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
You don't need to be friends. Just be kind and courteous and fulfil any obligations you agreed to.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (39)
14.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (84)
32.06%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (31)
11.83%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.78%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (14)
5.34%
I think it's an unfair expectation (68)
25.95%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.15%

Watched Threads