The Student Room Group

is this an eating disorder?

Trigger warning- mention of throwing up after eating

Spoiler

I can’t diagnose you as I am not a doctor.
DO NOT try to google your disorder because it will probably make you feel even worse and you should most probably go to the doctor or a nurse to get it diagnosed.
I understand that you might be too scared to ask for a doctor or something but Please, get one somehow. Even if it is an online free one- at least you’ll know what to do about it.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help.
(edited 2 years ago)
This is not the place to be coming for a diagnosis really. Concerns about weight and body shape are an integral part of an ED so perhaps this is not an ED, but what you are doing is very unhealthy and damaging to your body and may well turn into an ED if it isn't one already. I would strongly encourage you to seek help for this ASAP before things get out of control.
I suggest you should see a doctor about this. I doubt anyone here is able to give you a full diagnosis. Also what you are doing is soo unhealthy and I really hope that you realise that soon. Stay safe!!
Reply 4
Original post by franktheman

Spoiler

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/
Reply 5
Original post by black tea
This is not the place to be coming for a diagnosis really. Concerns about weight and body shape are an integral part of an ED so perhaps this is not an ED, but what you are doing is very unhealthy and damaging to your body and may well turn into an ED if it isn't one already. I would strongly encourage you to seek help for this ASAP before things get out of control.

Original post by LivingDarkness
I can’t diagnose you as I am not a doctor.
DO NOT try to google your disorder because it will probably make you feel even worse and you should most probably go to the doctor or a nurse to get it diagnosed.
I understand that you might be too scared to ask for a doctor or something but Please, get one somehow. Even if it is an online free one- at least you’ll know what to do about it.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help.

Original post by SnowLep15
I suggest you should see a doctor about this. I doubt anyone here is able to give you a full diagnosis. Also what you are doing is soo unhealthy and I really hope that you realise that soon. Stay safe!!

thank you all it really means a lot to hear peoples opinions, I think I will talk to a gp about this as its getting worse as time goes on
thank you all it really means a lot to hear peoples opinions, I think I will talk to a gp about this as its getting worse as time goes on

great to hear! hope you are okay <33

Spoiler

I’m NOT diagnosing you. But eating disorders are often a way to cope with stress and negative emotions. Anyhow it is worth going to a doctor or therapist about because you shouldn’t have to be throwing up like that Xxx

No Problem!
Get Well soon!

Quick Reply

Latest