franktheman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Trigger warning- mention of throwing up after eating
Spoiler:
Show
whenever im stressed I will eat a lot and make myself throw up afterwards, sort of like a bulimia cycle, however im not doing it because I dislike my body or anything to do with my weight, its all because its like a stress reliever in a way for when I feel overwhelmed I just cant help myself and end up doing this, is this an eating disorder or something else?
LivingDarkness
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I can’t diagnose you as I am not a doctor.
DO NOT try to google your disorder because it will probably make you feel even worse and you should most probably go to the doctor or a nurse to get it diagnosed.
I understand that you might be too scared to ask for a doctor or something but Please, get one somehow. Even if it is an online free one- at least you’ll know what to do about it.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help.
Last edited by LivingDarkness; 1 month ago
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This is not the place to be coming for a diagnosis really. Concerns about weight and body shape are an integral part of an ED so perhaps this is not an ED, but what you are doing is very unhealthy and damaging to your body and may well turn into an ED if it isn't one already. I would strongly encourage you to seek help for this ASAP before things get out of control.
SnowLep15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I suggest you should see a doctor about this. I doubt anyone here is able to give you a full diagnosis. Also what you are doing is soo unhealthy and I really hope that you realise that soon. Stay safe!!
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by franktheman)
Spoiler:
Show
whenever im stressed I will eat a lot and make myself throw up afterwards, sort of like a bulimia cycle, however im not doing it because I dislike my body or anything to do with my weight, its all because its like a stress reliever in a way for when I feel overwhelmed I just cant help myself and end up doing this, is this an eating disorder or something else?

https://www.beateatingdisorders.org.uk/
franktheman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by black tea)
This is not the place to be coming for a diagnosis really. Concerns about weight and body shape are an integral part of an ED so perhaps this is not an ED, but what you are doing is very unhealthy and damaging to your body and may well turn into an ED if it isn't one already. I would strongly encourage you to seek help for this ASAP before things get out of control.
(Original post by LivingDarkness)
I can’t diagnose you as I am not a doctor.
DO NOT try to google your disorder because it will probably make you feel even worse and you should most probably go to the doctor or a nurse to get it diagnosed.
I understand that you might be too scared to ask for a doctor or something but Please, get one somehow. Even if it is an online free one- at least you’ll know what to do about it.

I’m sorry I couldn’t help.
(Original post by SnowLep15)
I suggest you should see a doctor about this. I doubt anyone here is able to give you a full diagnosis. Also what you are doing is soo unhealthy and I really hope that you realise that soon. Stay safe!!
thank you all it really means a lot to hear peoples opinions, I think I will talk to a gp about this as its getting worse as time goes on
SnowLep15
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you all it really means a lot to hear peoples opinions, I think I will talk to a gp about this as its getting worse as time goes on
great to hear! hope you are okay <33
lucyyy12
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Spoiler:
Show
I’m NOT diagnosing you. But eating disorders are often a way to cope with stress and negative emotions. Anyhow it is worth going to a doctor or therapist about because you shouldn’t have to be throwing up like that Xxx
LivingDarkness
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No Problem!
Get Well soon!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads