Rhys_M
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
For the question below, for part c, can someone help me figure out where I went wrong please? I've attached the question, my solution and the MS's answer
Thanks.

Name:  FE090337-D525-4D40-B636-59B7A5CCBE48.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  58.3 KB
Name:  E002FF10-6CA9-4074-BC0D-87650D383CC1.jpeg
Views: 6
Size:  45.2 KB
Last edited by Rhys_M; 1 month ago
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I guess its the way you interpret what a discount means.

Usually a discount means you temporarily reduce the payment by 10%, but the underlying price remains the same. So you should use b) as the total underlying price and c) model the temporary payment reduction as another very similar series (capped at £35, so you get a £35 discount in the last few years) and find the total, then subtract the two to get the total actual payment.
Last edited by mqb2766; 1 month ago
Rhys_M
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by mqb2766)
I guess its the way you interpret what a discount means.

Usually a discount means you temporarily reduce the payment by 10%, but the underlying price remains the same. So you should use b) as the total underlying price and c) model the temporary payment reduction as another very similar series (capped at £35, so you get a £35 discount in the last few years) and find the total, then subtract the two to get the total actual payment.
Oh ok, I was thinking once £35 has been reached you don't get the discount anymore - i dont know why. Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (57)
22.62%
Excited but a bit nervous (115)
45.63%
Not bothered either way (33)
13.1%
I'm really nervous (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed