The Student Room Group

Hiding sexuality- Lgbt without parents knowing

Scroll to see replies

Original post by fellowweebhere
Hmm I guess so?

Judging from stereotypes, of course
Original post by BurstingBubbles
About 6 years ago, I hid being in a relationship with another girl for about 6 months, but couldn't take it anymore so finally came out to my mum as bi. She took this much better than I expected considering she's quite tradition and religious. We had a few blips early on but with time it got better. Anyway. fast forward 6 years and I'm engaged to the same girl that I mentioned and we're getting married in just under a year - my Mum can't wait for the wedding :woo:

My Dad passed away when I was 15, so a few years before I came out, but I think he would have taken it well (probably better than my Mum actually!) :smile:

No issues with extended family, friends, work colleagues etc. either. I know I shouldn't feel 'lucky' because it should be the norm - but reading some of the things I do like in this thread and online in general makes me feel pretty lucky. Most people are very accepting and supportive, if your parents aren't don't let that make you think that everyone is homophobic/transphobic, because they certainly aren't!

If anyone is being either verbally or physically abused, including neglected, by their parents, please please seek help and report it, it's not okay! :hugs:

Congratulations x
Original post by Plobably.
Just get a hair straightener

What ignorance
Reply 43
Original post by SlaveofAll
That's unusual.

:confused: Homophobia doesnt exist solely in the southern United States you know..
Original post by Foxehh
:confused: Homophobia doesnt exist solely in the southern United States you know..

Anti-non-cis-heterosexual sentiment does exist almost everywhere, although stereotypes can color how we see things.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending