Are there any prospective medical students who would like to study together?

Watch
sr143
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone
I’m taking UCAT and GAMSAT this year and I thought it would be a good idea to post here if anyone wants to study with me. It will be great to motivate each other and discuss tips and strategies.
Last edited by sr143; 1 month ago
Paige.allanahx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would love to do this! I am wanting to take the UCAT in August and honestly do not know where to start!
pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Paige.allanahx)
I would love to do this! I am wanting to take the UCAT in August and honestly do not know where to start!
i would look into first working on your strategies, familiarising yourself with the types of questions in each section and practicing them. Once you are done with that I would look into doing them under timed conditions (the thing with the UCAT is that the questions aren't so hard but the timing is what makes it such a horrible experience!). Look into buying those 1250 UCAT question books, or even subscribe to Medify/Medentry. There is also plenty of free UCAT resources online (e.g. passmedicine). Make a timetable and practice practice practice! I am also looking to do the UCAT in August, are you planning to do it early or late August?
Paige.allanahx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by pipthesqueak)
i would look into first working on your strategies, familiarising yourself with the types of questions in each section and practicing them. Once you are done with that I would look into doing them under timed conditions (the thing with the UCAT is that the questions aren't so hard but the timing is what makes it such a horrible experience!). Look into buying those 1250 UCAT question books, or even subscribe to Medify/Medentry. There is also plenty of free UCAT resources online (e.g. passmedicine). Make a timetable and practice practice practice! I am also looking to do the UCAT in August, are you planning to do it early or late August?
Thank you so much. Would you say one of medify or medentry is better than the other or both the same? I wanted to do it as early as possible but i am yet to start revising so will probably be some time in mid August as i really dont want to be stressing about it for longer aha
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm taking both the GAMSAT and the UCAT this year too! Haven't registered for GAMSAT yet but really should...
pipthesqueak
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you so much. Would you say one of medify or medentry is better than the other or both the same? I wanted to do it as early as possible but i am yet to start revising so will probably be some time in mid August as i really dont want to be stressing about it for longer aha
To be honest, I am not really sure which one is better out of the two, I don't use any of them tbh! But medify is the more popular site among students doing the ucat. There is this another recent forum (from today I believe) that asked which one is better, and a reply I saw was that they managed to get in the top 10% with the 1250 ucat questions book, without medentry/medify! Just keep in mind what works for others may not work for you and that is okay!
Last edited by pipthesqueak; 1 month ago
mishotrexate
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by sr143)
Hi everyone
I’m taking UCAT and GAMSAT this year and I thought it would be a good idea to post here if anyone wants to study with me. It will be great to motivate each other and discuss tips and strategies.
Would love to do this!
Bexjw
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I think it’s an age old battle between the two. There’ll always be someone who prefers one to the other but personally, I’ve never used MedEntry so can’t comment on it. I have used Medify and a lot of people do with success.

Medify is very similar in set up to the real thing but I can’t comment on how accurate the questions/ scoring is to the real thing. I did well but didn’t fully revise to the best of my abilities so can’t say that my score reflects the use of Medify! But I’ll probably subscribe as soon as I’ve booked my test. 😊
LenaB5764
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Guys is it just me or are there absolutely no booking left for ucat everytime I look- I really need to book a test for September.
Also I would love to revise with you guys too.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (63)
22.42%
Excited but a bit nervous (127)
45.2%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.81%
I'm really nervous (55)
19.57%

Watched Threads