I think i’ve ruined my friendship due to overthinking

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So a little over 2 months ago i came out as bisexual to my friend, they were very accepting and assured me that their opinion of me would not change and they were happy for me to feel comfortable enough around them. Just recently i got into my first sane sex relationship with another girl but the issues is my parents are very homophobic and emotionally abusive so i felt like i needed to hide my relationship from people till i felt ready to come out to my family , due to this none of my friends know that i am in a relationship , a couple of days ago i stopped talking to my friend because i was dealing with hate online and i just needed space, my friend has now fallen out with me because i haven’t been speaking to them or replying to their messages and i made an excuse about me being busy because i didn’t know how he would react to me saying i have a girlfriend. He then found out i was lying and is no more upset at me for not telling him , how do i explain to him that i was scared in case any homophobia occurred?.
Sorry if i’ve made spelling mistakes
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So a little over 2 months ago i came out as bisexual to my friend, they were very accepting and assured me that their opinion of me would not change and they were happy for me to feel comfortable enough around them. Just recently i got into my first sane sex relationship with another girl but the issues is my parents are very homophobic and emotionally abusive so i felt like i needed to hide my relationship from people till i felt ready to come out to my family , due to this none of my friends know that i am in a relationship , a couple of days ago i stopped talking to my friend because i was dealing with hate online and i just needed space, my friend has now fallen out with me because i haven’t been speaking to them or replying to their messages and i made an excuse about me being busy because i didn’t know how he would react to me saying i have a girlfriend. He then found out i was lying and is no more upset at me for not telling him , how do i explain to him that i was scared in case any homophobia occurred?.
Sorry if i’ve made spelling mistakes
Just be honest, tell him why you didn't speak to him and why you were worried. Maybe tell him about your parents too because that's probably a big reason why you wouldn't wanna tell anyone about your sexuality. Explain that you had things going on and wanted space. He seems like a good friend so I think he'll understand
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (347)
83.82%
No (67)
16.18%

Watched Threads