Frank Peters
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m at the last round of my interviews. I have one final one and It’s looking good for me

However, my question is: do I negotiate salary?

Context: they hve already state in their job description that it’ll be 32k for year 1 and 40k for year 2.

Should I ask for what other company benefits there are? Or r they expecting to have ppl negotiate salary, even for year 1
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frank Peters)
So I’m at the last round of my interviews. I have one final one and It’s looking good for me

Context: they hve already state in their job description that it’ll be 32k for year 1 and 40k for year 2.

Should I ask for what other company benefits there are? Or r they expecting to have ppl negotiate salary, even for year 1
As they've already got a fixed salary I wouldn't recommend negotiating now. After you've got the job and worked there for some time then maybe you can negotiate but for now try to get the job first. If you'd like to find out more about their company benefits that should be fine to ask though.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Frank Peters)

You can't negotiate a salary until you hold an offer (well of course you can say the words, but you will look like a plank!).

Salary negotiations come after an offer has been made, and it sounds as though you are joining a scheme, so there will be little or no room for negotiation. Not every company negotiates salaries, you can only negotiate if you believe you bring additional value that the company can use, over and above what you have been hired for. Early in a career that's highly unlikely to be the case.

You should look up the company benefits, they will be explained on a website somewhere - companies love to brag about them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (48)
15.19%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (102)
32.28%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (39)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (27)
8.54%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (18)
5.7%
I think it's an unfair expectation (79)
25%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed