Why is my ex bf reaching out now?

Watch
notanothercat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Long story short:
We went total no contact as soon as we (mutually) broke up this January. (It was an ugly breakup, he bombarded me with the rudest words and it’s still sickening to this day).
It’s been 6 months and I haven’t contacted him once. Then all of a sudden last month he drunk texted me “Hi *my pet name* I don’t know what’s happening to me but I really hope you’re doing okay” to which I didn’t respond. It was my birthday yesterday and he texted me wishing me happy birthday to which I also didn’t respond. Then today he texted me again “Hi kitten, I just want to know if you’re doing okay. How did your exams go?” but again, no response from my side.
And I was wondering that if he’s texting me, desperately wanting to know HOW I AM he might genuinely think I’m heartbroken and struggling 6 months after the breakup.
In reality I’m doing great, no more chronic stomach pain from the anxiety he was giving me and I’m kinda seeing someone now.
So what do you think? I don’t have any of my stuff at his so there’s no point contacting me and despite me ignoring his texts he’s still doing it
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Block him. He wants to drag you back into that place you've pushed hard to get away from. It doesn't matter if you don't respond he will continue to message you. Speaking from experience.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.83%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.4%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.75%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.29%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (41)
5.56%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (79)
10.72%
Financial worries (50)
6.78%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.34%
Exposure to negative news/social media (45)
6.11%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.26%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (70)
9.5%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed