Summerallen19
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I suspended my studies at the end of March in Bangor University due to serious mental health reasons. I tried pulling through but with covid I knew the first year wouldn't work out so I suspended my studies at the end of the 2nd term in March. My problem is student finance say they overpaid me just over £3k. From my assumption I was guessing they assumed I suspended at the beginning of term 2 because I only got given the maintenance loan for term 1 and 2 both of which I completed so if I do owe anything back it should be very little at the maximum. This is a serious problem since I cant apply for my maintenance loan for next year until I find if student finance got it wrong or if I do have to pay it back. Im not sure my university got it wrong since they helped me suspend at the end of term 2 so i wouldn't think they have got my suspension date wrong. Any help would be appreciated because I am stuck right now.
Last edited by Summerallen19; 1 month ago
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Summerallen19)
I suspended my studies at the end of March in Bangor University due to serious mental health reasons. I tried pulling through but with covid I knew the first year wouldn't work out so I suspended my studies at the end of the 2nd term in March. My problem is student finance say they overpaid me just over £3k. From my assumption I was guessing they assumed I suspended at the beginning of term 2 because I only got given the maintenance loan for term 1 and 2 both of which I completed so if I do owe anything back it should be very little at the maximum. This is a serious problem since I cant apply for my maintenance loan for next year until I find if student finance got it wrong or if I do have to pay it back. Im not sure my university got it wrong since they helped me suspend at the end of term 2 so i wouldn't think they have got my suspension date wrong. Any help would be appreciated because I am stuck right now.
If they’re asking you to repay your second instalment then it sounds like your university used a suspension date early in the term. Check with your university that they used the right date and also asked for the additional 60 days of funding available to students suspended for mental health reasons
Bangor Uni
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Summerallen19)
Hi,

I highly recommend you contact our money support team: [email protected]

They will be able to help you and I'm sure they can look into this for you.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Sera
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
26.19%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
9.52%
No I am happy with my choice (24)
57.14%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.14%

Watched Threads