Aru25
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello
I have already gotten accepted into Jagiellonian and Poznan for medicine. I have already talked to many Poznan students but when it comes to Jagiellonian, there aren't many sources to know about the medicine course over there.
How is the city and student life in krakow?
And how is the education in Jagiellonian?
Last edited by Aru25; 1 month ago
GANFYD
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aru25)
Hello
I have already gotten accepted into Jagiellonian and Poznan for medicine. I have already talked to many Poznan students but when it comes to Jagiellonian, there aren't many sources to know about the medicine course over there.
You are on a UK student site, in a forum about UK medical schools, I don’t think there will be many people who can answer this
needle_point
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aru25)
Hello
Hi! I just got into Jagiellonian and Warsaw. Trying to decide between the two. I have been talking to some 2nd and 4th year students at Jag and they said the teaching and lectures are good.
I've already attended a UK uni but by their description, nothing sounded particularly different.

The class seems to mostly be Americans and Scandinavians. From the email the other day, there may be like three Brits (including me) 😂
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Moved into International Study
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Krakow is a really, really nice city. It's beautiful, safe, lots of food options, good nightlife, everything is walkable, good selection of alcohol - it's probably my favorite city I have ever visited.
Aru25
Rep:
?
(Original post by becausethenight)
Moved into International Study
Thank you so much!!
Aru25
Rep:
?
(Original post by needle_point)
Hi! I just got into Jagiellonian and Warsaw. Trying to decide between the two. I have been talking to some 2nd and 4th year students at Jag and they said the teaching and lectures are good.
I've already attended a UK uni but by their description, nothing sounded particularly different.

The class seems to mostly be Americans and Scandinavians. From the email the other day, there may be like three Brits (including me) 😂
Yeah...

Right now I am leaning towards Poznan but I am being biased since I have already talked to a few students over there.

Can you give me some info about about Jagiellonian? For example, the professors or the USMLE preparation
needle_point
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aru25)
Yeah...

Right now I am leaning towards Poznan but I am being biased since I have already talked to a few students over there.

Can you give me some info about about Jagiellonian? For example, the professors or the USMLE preparation
According to my Polish friends Jagiellonian doesn't really need to broadcast themselves because historically it's the number 1 uni in Poland.
In terms of the professors, the upper year students I've been talking to said that they haven't noticed any significant differences between the quality there vs the lectures they had in America. Just complaints about lecture venue relocations but this has happened to me at my UK uni as well so I'm not too worried.
I think that MA to MD youtuber said a few of his classmates transferred to Jag from Poznan.

The overall impression I have is that for traditional Oxbridge style teaching with some PBL and seminars, then Jagiellonian and Warsaw would suit you but if you find that you learn better with a more modern teaching style (like PBL and groups), then Poznan. Poznan also has a compulsory course for the America exams (Steps?) but I haven't really looked into the America route.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (53)
28.96%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.2%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
55.19%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed