Indeed is having job seekers lose out of jobs

Watch
Amanda MoJohnson
Badges: 6
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Indeed is doing this most sneeky and malicious things to make money off peoples data. One of an ex employer commented on this years ago and said Indeed has not been passing most peoples applications to recruiters -but i did not believe it. But i starting to notice it.

Now that have turned up their schemes up a notch , by having employers (or jobs job seekers apply to for roles) only respond to applicates via them and not via the job seekers email address which is on their CV's.

Employers also never call the number on the job seekers CV-which means they can lose out on a lot of roles.

I think this is either a scam- on the part of Indeed, and infact the roles do not actually exist or Indeed are deliberately selling job seekers CV for other purposes than to seek work
Last edited by Amanda MoJohnson; 1 month ago
WazzWazz98
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean it could well be...I've always thought them to be a little odd too
You could always use the likes of indeed for a job search but send your CV directly to the company / use the company's website to apply etc
Amanda MoJohnson
Badges: 6
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Sometimes the companies does not have a website. Which job seekers should be getting in the habit of checking - Indeed is getting upto some scamming shoots and taken advantage of job seekers data . And possibly danger , because a lot of the adverts are unprofessional , basic - with only a phone number and a made up description of the business. This scam has been heightened since the pandemic, so be careful!
Last edited by Amanda MoJohnson; 1 month ago
route255
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applied to a fair few jobs on Indeed. Only one got back to me. The company didn't advertise the position on their website. I usually apply direct.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.74%
Excited but a bit nervous (145)
45.17%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.84%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.25%

Watched Threads