Rub5746
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m so confused and lost my mother is saying I should do pharmacy but I want to do biomedical and become a cancer researcher which is the better option for me
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's not your mums life. Do what you enjoy
If you have the means resources belief and ability to do what you want then do it
And if you don't, you can try and you might surprise yourself
Besides if it turns out you don't enjoy it or you sre failing there is no harm in switching!
Rub5746
Rep:
?
Thank you that really helped 😄 what career are you going for?
Roasted Potato
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rub5746)
Thank you that really helped 😄 what career are you going for?
I am in engineering going after raf but I come from a navy family who have no clue about engineering 😅 so I have a little experience about family members thinking other things
And I'm happy with my choices, and my famlly are proud of my progress os its alright!
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rub5746)
I’m so confused and lost my mother is saying I should do pharmacy but I want to do biomedical and become a cancer researcher which is the better option for me
Hi Rub5746

Whilst Pharmacy is a great career to have, Biomedical Science is also a fantastic career. I am a final year Biomedical Science student at Coventry University and have really loved the course. It would also be a great course for you to study to become a cancer research scientist! If it is something you are passionate about and have great interest in, you will find Biomedical Science much easier to study for, especially since its a course which requires hard work!

If there is anything you would like to know about Biomedical Science courses, job prospects etc. let me know and I'd be more than happy to help!

Amy
Coventry University - Coventry
Biomedical Science student
Rub5746
Rep:
?
Thank you for the reply Amy 😄 really appreciate it
is it ok if I ask some questions? So my plan is to do biomedical then a master in oncology then a PHD to become a cancer researcher but I’m not sure this plan will work 😅 what are you doing with biomedical science after you graduate, how hard is it? And is there anything you regret
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (38)
28.57%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
9.02%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
55.64%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (9)
6.77%

Watched Threads