Asking a Question in a Law Personal Statement

Watch
x.sambaa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I was wanting to apply for Politics, Philosophy and Law at Kings and I was wondering if I could ask a question such as; 'Is it moral to..' etc. to tie in the philosophical aspect of the course.
random1997
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got five offers for Law at Russell Group universities (and actually just finished my Law degree!). I really wouldn't do that, particularly if you can't actually give a sufficient answer to the question within the word count of your PS (which, I really don't think you can). Write about a current affairs issue that interests you and talk a little about some of the legal issues that may be relevant to that. It doesn't need to be technical at all, but will just show an awareness of wider legal issues. This would also tie in well with the politics aspect you're applying for. That's my advice.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by x.sambaa)
I was wanting to apply for Politics, Philosophy and Law at Kings and I was wondering if I could ask a question such as; 'Is it moral to..' etc. to tie in the philosophical aspect of the course.
Your PS is about your personal academic interests - it isn’t an academic essay. What you’re suggesting isn’t going to convey any information about your academic interests.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I used to get annoyed with people doing this in LNAT essays, never mind Personal Statements.

As above - state why you want to do the course, and present evidence to show why you are a good candidate.
Johnny ~
Badges: 15
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by x.sambaa)
Is this what you're asked to do in the personal statement? Do they care about your response to this question? Could the character count be better allocated to some other use?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads