Question for girls on Tinder

Watch
Fruli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m relatively new to this world of Tinder. Currently talking to a guy I consider attractive and he’s promising me the world. Seems like flattery.

How common is it for guys to be promising the world on Tinder? I have my guard high up at the moment due to past hurts but I don’t want to appear cold either.
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
I’m relatively new to this world of Tinder. Currently talking to a guy I consider attractive and he’s promising me the world. Seems like flattery.

How common is it for guys to be promising the world on Tinder? I have my guard high up at the moment due to past hurts but I don’t want to appear cold either.
Promising the world on Tinder usually translates to they wanna have sex with you as soon as possible. If you're seeking a long-term committed relationship, I've heard that Tinder is not really the place for it.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Don't trust the Tinder. Honestly, you have a little chance to find a decent guy on the Tinder. If you want to find him, you should go out and find him in the real world like the University.
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Final Fantasy)
Promising the world on Tinder usually translates to they wanna have sex with you as soon as possible. If you're seeking a long-term committed relationship, I've heard that Tinder is not really the place for it.
Haha I guess I know that. I think I’m just a little bit bored, hence I signed up to Tinder this week and I’m finding the guys I’ve spoken to so far a bit intense.
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Don't trust the Tinder. Honestly, you have a little chance to find a decent guy on the Tinder. If you want to find him, you should go out and find him in the real world like the University.
I’m past university unfortunately
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Fruli)
I’m past university unfortunately
I gave it as an example. There are a lot of options like workplace, college, university, neighbour and so forth.
Adz2042
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Use Hinge for an actual relationship.
Tinder is for hook-ups.
Bumble is also good.
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by Adz2042)
Use Hinge for an actual relationship.
Tinder is for hook-ups.
Bumble is also good.
I’ve been finding bumble more useful for business networking and BFF. I haven’t really done dating in there. I think part of it is because I am more traditional in that I prefer to be approached than to approach guys. I only went one date through bumble and the guy wasn’t for me. He was too woke.

Will check out hinge.
LLJx21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What does “too woke” mean?
Fruli
Rep:
?
(Original post by LLJx21)
What does “too woke” mean?
Very into social justice with ideological virtues. Not for me I’m afraid.
Fruli
Rep:
?
Also talking to another guy who is very good looking but not so attracted to him because he doesn’t seem to hit the right buttons and I s definitely giving hook up vibes.

Also doesn’t seem to have much going on on in his life. He sounds like he’s in a good career and yet doesn’t seem so busy at the same time. He wants to meet up ASAP and, I had to to tell him that I’m busy this weekend, also busy with work. He messaged mid morning to find out what I am up to and I told him I’m busy at work. He said he’s not that busy today.

This tinder experience of chatting is interesting so far!
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Seems kind of over the top to be promising you that. Especially given the fact that you probably have only started talking - I’m getting a vibe that he is putting up a facade to get in your pants.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (11)
27.5%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (3)
7.5%
No I am happy with my choice (23)
57.5%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
7.5%

Watched Threads