anyadotess
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Im doing psychology, sociology and english literature? Is that a good combo to study clinical or child psychology at uni? I want to go into domestic abuse, therapy, cahms etc but I dont want to take a science like maths, biology, physics or chemistry
Fosbourne85
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I would say that your choices are fine, because there are unis out there that will take you on for psychology as long as you have a 'science' which can include psychology, however to be on the safe side, as you are so set on doing psychology, I would say take biology or chemistry as well, even though I know you don't want to, because you may come across some unis that are really great for psychology or that you really want to go to but need a science like biology or chemistry as well. And tbh I have done psychology and there is a lot of biology in it so I think you would benefit from doing biology.
But if you are desperate not to do a science, I guess it wouldn't be too much of a big deal if in the end you find a uni that accepts you without biology or chemistry, but personally I would say do biology just to be on the safe side, and it opens up a lot of doors for you if you change your mind. (Just in case 😉)
I hope this helps, good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (39)
28.89%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.89%
No I am happy with my choice (74)
54.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
7.41%

Watched Threads