Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
When I was little I used to bite my nails and skin around but thankfully I’ve stopped but now when I’m exited I flap and play with my hands and whistle when I’m stressed. I used to be able to not do it in public but because of lockdown I was free to do it whenever I wanted and I can’t stop and it’s awkward and I don’t want to do it anymore especially because I’m going to uni and I don’t want to scare anyone, what can I do?
ScarfedEllie
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hiya! Would maybe consider getting fidget toys? Maybe keeping your hands busy might help reduce the flapping. As for the whistling, you might possibly find it good to get some chewable jewelry (chewlry) to well keep your mouth busy. However, just remember you are perfect and you shouldn't put yourself down. Everyone is valid and no one is imperfect.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You may consider taking dance classes to redirect your energy towards something you can enjoy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ScarfedEllie)
Hiya! Would maybe consider getting fidget toys? Maybe keeping your hands busy might help reduce the flapping. As for the whistling, you might possibly find it good to get some chewable jewelry (chewlry) to well keep your mouth busy. However, just remember you are perfect and you shouldn't put yourself down. Everyone is valid and no one is imperfect.
Never thought about getting fidget toys, I’m going to try that, thank you so much
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
You may consider taking dance classes to redirect your energy towards something you can enjoy.
I’m gonna try that too, thank you
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Never thought about getting fidget toys, I’m going to try that, thank you so much
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’m gonna try that too, thank you
It's also a form of exercise.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads