Everyone thinks I'm posh?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone else get asked this, they seem to stereotype me as being a Tory and being posh?
Final Fantasy
Badges: 20
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does anyone else get asked this ...?
No.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
Justaboutalive
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Oh, my deepest condolences.
g-shock16
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
maybe you are, but poeple shouldnt judge you for it, it will be allright.
Bedaquiline
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you are posh, the best thing you can do is just own it. Acknowledge that you've had some good luck in life, and put up with the gentle ribbing - make some jokes at your own expense, even. If you aren't posh (at least compared to your friends) I don't know really, maybe they're just being rude.

I briefly had this issue in secondary school, which had a big mix of backgrounds. Sometimes people were right that I was posher than them, and I just let them joke about it - I have many advantages in life because my parents are middle class professionals, so it's really not that bad if I get teased by people who are less lucky. But one girl was from a similar background to me and still made a big deal out of how posh I was, and it felt mean-spirited and just annoying, so eventually I stopped hanging out with her. I guess what I mean is, poshness is relative and that maybe dictates how you should respond.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Posh is good. who wants to be a chav ? :dontknow:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (68)
30.91%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (26)
11.82%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.18%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.45%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.27%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.36%

Watched Threads