mariyappa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Which should I choose Swansea University for MSc in Cybersecurity or University of Surrey for MSc in Information security. keeping in mind for intake sept 21 and job after that.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mariyappa)
Which should I choose Swansea University for MSc in Cybersecurity or University of Surrey for MSc in Information security. keeping in mind for intake sept 21 and job after that.
Hi there

It's great to hear that you're considering Surrey!

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them.

Is there anything in particular about Surrey that you'd like to find out more information about? I am a second year Psychology student so hopefully I can help with any questions!

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions, please let me know!

Becca
mariyappa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by University of Surrey Student Rep)
Hi there

It's great to hear that you're considering Surrey!

It's a very difficult decision choosing what university to attend, however some tips I have is to look closer into each course, the modules etc. From there, have a general idea of what course you like better, what modules appeal to you more. You can also look at the university itself, compare the universities based on facilities, support or literally anything you think is important to you for a university to have, You can have a look at accommodation or the town. That way you are taking into account many factors that may help you decide. I would also suggest speaking to your family and friends about each university and see which one you're more passionate about when speaking to them.

Is there anything in particular about Surrey that you'd like to find out more information about? I am a second year Psychology student so hopefully I can help with any questions!

I hope this helps, and if you do have any questions, please let me know!

Becca
I would be really greatfull for help if would connect with some student who are studying this program, as I can get a technical view about the program.
University of Surrey Student Rep
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by mariyappa)
I would be really greatfull for help if would connect with some student who are studying this program, as I can get a technical view about the program.
Unfortunately I am unable to link you with a student who are studying this program. However, after researching I have found these pages, about the students who have studied the course, sharing their experiences. If you haven't already these may be beneficial for you to read to gain a insight into the course from another student's perspective:

https://www.surrey.ac.uk/student-lif...ation-security
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/student-lif...ation-security
https://www.surrey.ac.uk/student-lif...say/shaun-webb

I hope this helps, please let me know if you need any help or have any questions!

Becca
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (18)
28.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (5)
7.81%
No I am happy with my choice (37)
57.81%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
6.25%

Watched Threads