The Student Room Group

Chances of getting firm choice after dropping 1 Grade

Hi guys!
So I got my estimate grades today : AABB. They are much better than I expected and Is more than enough to get into my insurance choice.

My firm choice is History with French at Liverpool ( conditions AAAB) I was wondering if anyone knows how likely it is to still be offered by place as I only dropped one grade.
( It's a very high B, the only reason I'm not appealing it to try get an A is that I wasn't expecting it to be so high to begin with and think appealing would do more harm than good..)
Original post by ChasenStars
Hi guys!
So I got my estimate grades today : AABB. They are much better than I expected and Is more than enough to get into my insurance choice.

My firm choice is History with French at Liverpool ( conditions AAAB) I was wondering if anyone knows how likely it is to still be offered by place as I only dropped one grade.
( It's a very high B, the only reason I'm not appealing it to try get an A is that I wasn't expecting it to be so high to begin with and think appealing would do more harm than good..)

Your given condition of AAAB seems to be over the typical conditional offer of AAB if you're referring to the full A-Levels, so they may be more lenient as technically AABB meets their typical requirements. It really depends how subscribed their course is.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by ChasenStars
Hi guys!

This year a lot of unis have sent requirements higher than usual as they expect grades to be inflated. Depending on whether this is the case or if the uni is oversubscribed or not if you just miss the AAAB target you should still fare a pretty good chance however definitely ring them about it straight away on results day.
Simple answer is that no-one knows what the situation will be this year - how many spaces (if any) there will be on popular courses, and therefore if Unis will accept any near-miss applicants to fill those spaces. Like everyone else you will just have to wait until Results Day.
Original post by JustSomeGuy:/
definitely ring them about it straight away on results day.

Do NOT ring any University of Results Day to 'plead' - they made their decision days ago, and its definite.
You are not going to that Uni - they don't want you.
If you don't have a place, then take it on the chin and move on.
Original post by Becky2305
Your given condition of AAAB seems to be over the typical conditional offer of AAB if you're referring to the full A-Levels, so they may be more lenient as technically AABB meets their typical requirements. It really depends how subscribed their course is.

Oh sorry I should have been specific, I'm a Scottish higher student . The requirements were BBAAA . however I already had a previous B hense my conditions being BAAA

Quick Reply

Latest