Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
This year my current attendance is 94%. This is not a good attendance figure but its because I have been ill quite frequently throughout the first year of sixth form. Also due to mental health I have taken a few days off this year.

I was wondering when will sixth form contact you or give a possible warning? ofc I am not intending to miss any more lessons In fact I dont want to miss any more.

I was just a bit worried, what is the worst that can happen?
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Smoky saif)
This year my current attendance is 94%. This is not a good attendance figure but its because I have been ill quite frequently throughout the first year of sixth form. Also due to mental health I have taken a few days off this year.

I was wondering when will sixth form contact you or give a possible warning? ofc I am not intending to miss any more lessons In fact I dont want to miss any more.

Depends how strict your 6th form is, but I think that your grades take a hit unless you've caught up on the work. If you called in sick and weren't skiving off, I think that's acceptable enough. A DT or letter home seems extreme, so just try and not miss any more lessons or speak to someone if you really are worried. Do you have a form tutor? See what they think.

But loads of people starting skipping over lockdown, even online and tbh I don't really think that anything happened. Focus on getting better, keeping up with work, and you still have next year to get a better attendance.
Smoky saif
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by anon033)
Depends how strict your 6th form is, but I think that your grades take a hit unless you've caught up on the work. If you called in sick and weren't skiving off, I think that's acceptable enough. A DT or letter home seems extreme, so just try and not miss any more lessons or speak to someone if you really are worried. Do you have a form tutor? See what they think.

But loads of people starting skipping over lockdown, even online and tbh I don't really think that anything happened. Focus on getting better, keeping up with work, and you still have next year to get a better attendance.
Yeah I was never skiving off. There was always a valid reason. Also I have done my exams for this year and got all A's. So in terms of academics Im not too worried. It's more about possibly getting in trouble. And yes of course I will not miss another lesson.
anon033
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I was never skiving off. There was always a valid reason. Also I have done my exams for this year and got all A's. So in terms of academics Im not too worried. It's more about possibly getting in trouble. And yes of course I will not miss another lesson.
Well done for the A's despite everything! I wouldn't worry too much, you seem to be in a good place academically, so I guess you just have to move on from that - it's the past. You just have to keep doing your best and I'm sure you won't be in trouble.
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

94% isn't a that low - most schools won't bat an eyelid.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.79%
Uncertainty around my education (85)
11.44%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.63%
Lack of purpose or motivation (95)
12.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.25%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.65%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.77%
Financial worries (50)
6.73%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.31%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.19%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.23%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.56%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.67%

Watched Threads