The Student Room Group

TW// Potential Sexual Assault?- I took off my top while drunk,how should i apologize?

About 2 years ago, at a party after my prom, i got very drunk. My close friends and their SOs were at this party. I was wearing a bikini as i live near the beach, but a girl i had a crush on was there and i think that influenced me to take off my top in front of everyone. I thought at the time there was not many people left awake but it turns out there were a couple of my friends SOs that saw me. Looking back, i think this qualifies as flashing/ sexual assault. How do i address this? Should i apologize to everyone? As i likely made or could have made them uncomfortable by flashing them.
Original post by Anonymous
About 2 years ago, at a party after my prom, i got very drunk. My close friends and their SOs were at this party. I was wearing a bikini as i live near the beach, but a girl i had a crush on was there and i think that influenced me to take off my top in front of everyone. I thought at the time there was not many people left awake but it turns out there were a couple of my friends SOs that saw me. Looking back, i think this qualifies as flashing/ sexual assault. How do i address this? Should i apologize to everyone? As i likely made or could have made them uncomfortable by flashing them.

I think you should apologise just to be on the safe side. It's good you've realised that it wasn't right to do, obviously like you've said we don't know how they reacted to this, so even if it is 2 years ago maybe apologising will put both your conscious to rest and resolve any feelings around this from the others.
Original post by Anonymous
About 2 years ago,...

Leave it there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending