Done my A level maths in year 12, Further maths in year 13 but I now want to drop it

Watch
Amy.1083
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
basically i do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and in my sixth form, we do the whole A level maths course in year 12, then do the further maths course in year 13. So I took my maths A level exams a couple weeks ago and will get my results in August, but I now want to drop further maths as it's more hassle than it's worth in my opinion and i'm not even taking maths at uni, but my school says i can't do 2 a levels, but i'm doing 3 it's just that I did double maths lessons in year 12. But like, there's no point in doing another year of maths as i've learnt all the content already and taken the exams. Is it possible to for my sixth form to just put maths in my timetable, but not sign me up for the exam or something. Thanks
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Some universities will make offers based on 3 A levels taken at the same time so don't drop anything until you have checked this (e.g. Medicine generally wants this).

They wouldn't get funding for you repeating Maths
Anonymous(
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Amy.1083)
basically i do biology, chemistry, maths and further maths and in my sixth form, we do the whole A level maths course in year 12, then do the further maths course in year 13. So I took my maths A level exams a couple weeks ago and will get my results in August, but I now want to drop further maths as it's more hassle than it's worth in my opinion and i'm not even taking maths at uni, but my school says i can't do 2 a levels, but i'm doing 3 it's just that I did double maths lessons in year 12. But like, there's no point in doing another year of maths as i've learnt all the content already and taken the exams. Is it possible to for my sixth form to just put maths in my timetable, but not sign me up for the exam or something. Thanks
What grade are you expecting in A level maths? Have you started studying further maths?
Amy.1083
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous()
What grade are you expecting in A level maths? Have you started studying further maths?
We started further maths like 2 weeks ago, and like an A/A*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (9)
39.13%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (2)
8.7%
No I am happy with my choice (12)
52.17%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads