Turn on thread page Beta

I still haven't gotten over her after all this time - what to do? watch

I recently got a message from someone whom I adored and deeply care about... The situation got a bit too complicated as we started getting close even when she was with another guy - so I moved on. I thought I'd gotten over her but hearing from her again brought back feelings which I didn't realise were so strong - I think I'm in love with her. The words she was using was quite strong - she'd never expressed it so strongly before. But there's no way for me to show her that I love her legitimately as she is still with the other guy. I still think about her a lot after all this time and every time she contacts me or we see each other, I just can't help but smile all day and night long. But nothing can ever happen even though I'm wishing it could - with the way I'm feeling right now I just feel like telling her straight that she's driving me crazy and that if things don't work out then I'll be there waiting...but wouldn't this be sowing the seeds of doubt in her mind about her current relationship? I wouldn't want to do this and be the cause of her leaving her guy.

ReputationRep:
    While she is still with this other guy, you need to distance yourself. She is only hurting you. She's having her cake and eating it.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest with yourself... you obviously have deep feelings and even if she expresses similar feelings, she obviously doesnt feel as strongly for you, otherwise she'd have left her other guy to be with you.
    I agree with KayleeLand. Don't let her have your attention and affection whenever she clicks her fingers. If you distance yourself, even just a little bit, she'll be forced to make the decision once and for all between you and him and you'll know her real feelings. If she chooses you, great. If not, continue to live your life your way and try to move on. Either way, don't put her on a pedestal. Whatever you do don't let her play you along and spend time with you getting your hopes up before she runs off back to him.
    Think about other good stuff in your life. This helps me when i'm stuck on a guy. Good luckkkk

ReputationRep:
    Well sleeping with her right now is the worst thing you could do.

speaking from personal experience unfortunately it wasn't love or anything but still...

'diamonds they fade' and all that jazz
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sK8Au3_jEhU

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 19, 2008
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.