evangeline98
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I’m a 23 years old Asian girl. I’ve never really share thing kind of thing before So here it goes:Okay so today basically my mom open they house gate and she didn’t ask me to close the gate and I didn’t know. When my dad came home, he started getting so angry cause one of my dog (his fav) ran away from home and he couldn’t find it anymore. So he got mad and he wanted to let my other dog (my mom’s fav) go and leave the house. I stopped him of course cause it’s just doesn’t make sense and not right. Like what’s the point of you making the other dog run. The dogs didn’t do any wrong at all and his fav dog would just come back later cause he always go out for walk by himself and then show up at my front door after this done. Then my dad started yelling at us for being lazy and irresponsible. Honestly I’m so tired. I always help around the house but he still label me and lazy and doing nothing. I speak up to him cause it just unfair how he say it because I DO HELP with tasks. And I told him I didn’t know the gate was opened just now and somehow he just expects me to say that it’s my fault when it’s not. When I stood up for myself saying that I do not know about the gates. He started raising hose voice at me and I couldn’t help it and raised my voice back cause what do I have to admit things I never do or know about. He started coming near me and scream at me. Honestly, is it wrong for me to just stand up for myself for things I’m not wrong about?And a little bit about my dad. He’s an alcoholic. He always drink. By drink I mean everyday. At least 3-4 cans of beer daily. He also have an anger issues which is definitely not the right match with alcohol. At time he would come back home and start getting angry, throwing and breaking things around the house. He would always bring me down by saying how useless and stupid I can be. Not gonna lie, sometimes he really makes me feel I just wanna go away. And I times I even have the thought, like if I leave forever would he even get hurt or sad. He probably won’t.
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You're not wrong for standing up for yourself. Your dad has some issues and he should try to seek help to resolve them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.46%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.43%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.21%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.8%
I think it's an unfair expectation (55)
26.57%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.45%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed