The Student Room Group

Don't know where to go for Sixth Form

In my area there is literally 2 sixth-forms/colleges and one is my high schools. I really want to leave and meet new people but I did not get into the other one because it is extremely prestigious and you need grade 8/9's to get in. I just don't know what to do. I emailed the other sixth-form and they said they have no spaces even to try and enrol on results day.
Maybe try find a college that has a site for residentials, sometimes if you are from further away they offer you somewhere to stay, a bit like university really.
Reply 2
Original post by farmgirlem
Maybe try find a college that has a site for residentials, sometimes if you are from further away they offer you somewhere to stay, a bit like university really.

That sounds cool but my overprotective Asian parents would never allow that
think about going further? like the next town over if you plan to get the bus to college it'll be around the same amount of money weekly, as long as its in the same county you can get the bus on a metro day rider or weekly ticket which is just under £10 I think and can take you on all busses not just first busses. As long as the bus ride isn't more than an hour you'd probably be OK with it I have a few friends from Halifax that come into Huddersfield for College.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending