username4882106
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
At the minute I’m just job searching and my placement have asked a few times if I wanted a job there. I know from my experience that they need someone who’s not like me. It is a bit of a battle for most days there. I’ve warmed to it a lot now but it took me a while with lots of feelings of am I actually sure I wanna be a teacher lol.

Anywho. I just want to know how I can explain I’m not up for the job politely. I’ve mainly said “COVID had been tough this year and I think it’s my time to start on a clean slate and make my mark and develop myself as something more than the trainee like the kids see”

Idk if that’s the right thing to say but I just don’t know how to express it any clearer. It’s the 5th time I’ve been asked now and I’m doing my best to answer nicely but the hint isn’t being taken and I just feel bad. But I feel like I shouldn’t feel bad for wanting what is better for me? I’d I want a new start why is that bad
oci9
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Just be honest with them as hard and harsh as that sounds. If you've already explained yourself 5 times and they ain't getting the hint it's time to be more honest, about it and straight forward! They'll understand everyone has different goals and aspirations
All the best
bluebeetle
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by w678)
At the minute I’m just job searching and my placement have asked a few times if I wanted a job there. I know from my experience that they need someone who’s not like me. It is a bit of a battle for most days there. I’ve warmed to it a lot now but it took me a while with lots of feelings of am I actually sure I wanna be a teacher lol.

Anywho. I just want to know how I can explain I’m not up for the job politely. I’ve mainly said “COVID had been tough this year and I think it’s my time to start on a clean slate and make my mark and develop myself as something more than the trainee like the kids see”

Idk if that’s the right thing to say but I just don’t know how to express it any clearer. It’s the 5th time I’ve been asked now and I’m doing my best to answer nicely but the hint isn’t being taken and I just feel bad. But I feel like I shouldn’t feel bad for wanting what is better for me? I’d I want a new start why is that bad
They're probably just concerned if you've still not got a job for September, and trying to be nice by giving you another opportunity to say yes.

Honestly, the school doesn't sound terrible. If you've still not got a job for September (and you're not in a position where you could be without work for a little while as you search for a better job) then I would seriously consider taking them up on the offer. You don't have to stay forever! You could continue job hunting in the start of the Autumn term for a January start, so long as you are able to hand in your notice by October 31st.
username4882106
Rep:
?
(Original post by bluebeetle)
They're probably just concerned if you've still not got a job for September, and trying to be nice by giving you another opportunity to say yes.

Honestly, the school doesn't sound terrible. If you've still not got a job for September (and you're not in a position where you could be without work for a little while as you search for a better job) then I would seriously consider taking them up on the offer. You don't have to stay forever! You could continue job hunting in the start of the Autumn term for a January start, so long as you are able to hand in your notice by October 31st.
It’s just not for me. I got called the c bomb a few times the past two weeks and broke up some fights. That’s not what I want for me or my mental health. It may suit others but not me so much !
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by w678)
It’s just not for me. I got called the c bomb a few times the past two weeks and broke up some fights. That’s not what I want for me or my mental health. It may suit others but not me so much !
It'll be easier to teach somewhere 'new' - there are plenty of posts out there. Just explain you are flattered but, no, it's not the school for you. They sound a bit desperate tbh
username4882106
Rep:
?
(Original post by Muttley79)
It'll be easier to teach somewhere 'new' - there are plenty of posts out there. Just explain you are flattered but, no, it's not the school for you. They sound a bit desperate tbh
Yeah they are I think. It’s the way the teacher said it and then said oh well maybe actually they’ve given it to someone after I said I wanted to wait to hear back from other places. I just thought okay well why ask then. It’s a bit pointless and I’ve said to you alll along I don’t want it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (66)
22.15%
Excited but a bit nervous (134)
44.97%
Not bothered either way (37)
12.42%
I'm really nervous (61)
20.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed