Lotty Ro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi,
So I'm currently deciding on an EPQ question and I'm really struggling. It's less that I don't have ideas (though I am struggling to decide on a question), it's more that I'm super self-conscious. I find it really hard to show interest in anything because I'm always scared that I'll look like an idiot, and I don't want my EPQ supervisor, who is also my history teacher, to think I'm stupid because of the topic I pick. He suggested doing a model/piece of art/not an essay for the EPQ, because it's easier and not as tiring, and I think that's a good idea, but I'm worried that if I decide to do that, the thing I decide to do will somehow be wrong, and will either make me look really arrogant or stupid. And if I tried doing a piece of art or something, it would likely look really bad, and I just want to cry at the thought of it. Basically, my brain is a whole mess, and I care way too much what other people, especially my teachers, think of me, and it makes me really awkward and means I generally avoid talking to people, which is a whole other problem, but makes discussing EPQ ideas one-on-one really uncomfortable and the whole time we're discussing it I can't stop thinking how to look natural, and what should i say to seem more normal, and how awkward and socially inept he must think i am, which i am. I don't know how I can come up with an idea that I'm actually interested in and want to do, and how to get over this self-consciousness, especially since even though I know it's stupid, I still can't help but feel it's completely rational to think that everyone will judge me for my interests.
Also if anyone has any ideas on what I could do for a model, to do with ancient history, ancient literature and oral storytelling traditions, that would be great, thanks
So yeah, any advice would be amazing, thank you!
tattyvicks
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
firstly dont worry what others think cuz they r probably not thinking that abt u at all....
I think you should make a mindmap of all the things you like doing then pinpoint which you would be most interested in. For my epq i made an app which was actu really easy cuz of the website i used, on a thing i was interested in.....
u could research different kinds of oral storytelling traditions and then video yourself doing it as that would probably count as an artefact....or just any ancient storytelling traditions and write a story for a child making it look ancient....
i dunno if thats any help....
Lotty Ro
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
That's really helpful, thanks. I thought about doing a performance of a section of the Iliad/Odyssey, or something similar, like they would have been performed orally in ancient greece, but i wouldn't be able to get up the courage to do something like that, even if i recorded it by myself and just had a video, because i'd then have to show it during my presentation and i could never do that, so it's super annoying because that would work really well.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (46)
15.03%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (98)
32.03%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.42%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.5%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.56%
I think it's an unfair expectation (78)
25.49%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
0.98%

Watched Threads