rmatmari
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I recently did my year 12 mocks and I don't think I did the best in them. I think I will get either ABB or BBB predicted grades, is there any university worth applying to? Will my UCAT or my personal statement be able to get me an interview? Thanks!
M gH
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by rmatmari)
Hi, I recently did my year 12 mocks and I don't think I did the best in them. I think I will get either ABB or BBB predicted grades, is there any university worth applying to? Will my UCAT or my personal statement be able to get me an interview? Thanks!
Check if you're eligible for any widening participation schemes!! The criteria are different for each uni but it's normally based on your postcode, income and other circumstances. I got offered ABB at Leeds for medicine, and I know Newcastle give BBB offers to WP students. Even if you think you're not eligible just check, I was eligible at 3 of the 4 med schools I applied to
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Assuming you do not have contextual flags, there are some schools that do not look at predicted grades so you wouldn't be immediately rejected with those grades, but the lowest offer you would get is AAB (KMMS). GANFYD knows exactly which schools these are. I've also asked for this to be moved into Medicine

Realistically, medicine is a very academic degree and you would need to get AAB as an absolute minimum if not contextual - do you think you'll be able to succeed?
dingdongbtches
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hull York is a great place to get yourself applied for. Low grade requirements as well.
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dingdongbtches)
Hull York is a great place to get yourself applied for. Low grade requirements as well.
HYMS requires AAA in Bio + Chem, or AAB + A at EPQ
No lower than any other med schools!
dingdongbtches
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by becausethenight)
HYMS requires AAA in Bio + Chem, or AAB + A at EPQ
No lower than any other med schools!
My mistake, I was thinking of the gateway year degree! https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/medi...a-gateway-year
Last edited by dingdongbtches; 1 month ago
becausethenight
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dingdongbtches)
My mistake, I was thinking of the gateway year degree! https://www.hyms.ac.uk/medicine/medi...a-gateway-year
No worries
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (13)
6.22%
Uncertainty around my education (23)
11%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (24)
11.48%
Lack of purpose or motivation (33)
15.79%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (13)
6.22%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (7)
3.35%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (18)
8.61%
Financial worries (11)
5.26%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (6)
2.87%
Exposure to negative news/social media (15)
7.18%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
2.87%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (25)
11.96%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (15)
7.18%

Watched Threads