US123456
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I dunno what happened but we had 4 phases of mini assessments and I just couldn't concentrate properly and ended up getting Bs in the first 3. In the 4th I got an A so I was called back to do an "enhancement" paper and I think it went well so hopefully I get an A in that too. To determine our final grade however, they are using these but they are also using projected attainment grades over the past 2 years and other various pieces of work.

Now onto my question, In the event that I do get a B, is it possible to resit the chemistry exam in November and still apply for 2022 entry? As in apply with A* A* B / A* A B but retake chemistry and tell the Uni you are retaking chemistry. Is this possible?
cloudniineee
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by US123456)
I dunno what happened but we had 4 phases of mini assessments and I just couldn't concentrate properly and ended up getting Bs in the first 3. In the 4th I got an A so I was called back to do an "enhancement" paper and I think it went well so hopefully I get an A in that too. To determine our final grade however, they are using these but they are also using projected attainment grades over the past 2 years and other various pieces of work.

Now onto my question, In the event that I do get a B, is it possible to resit the chemistry exam in November and still apply for 2022 entry? As in apply with A* A* B / A* A B but retake chemistry and tell the Uni you are retaking chemistry. Is this possible?
Yes but it depends on whether the universities you want to pick will accept them or see them as a disadvantage to your application.
McGinger
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The advice to Unis from UCAS is that they should not regard 'proper exams' as retakes. However they don't have to take this advice - so check with each Uni.

Be aware that the exam will cover the entire course - not just the bits you were assessed on. So you need to spend this summer getting the whole syllabus into your head - ask your teachers for help.
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

This thread shows which schools accept resit A levels: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6649138
The situation with TAGs is ridiculous as well. You should definitely be able to apply with the predicted Chemistry grade and take the November exam, as those exams are seen as 'first sittings' AFAIK.
Last edited by becausethenight; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (17)
28.33%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.67%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
60%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5%

Watched Threads