Best time to start revising for GCSEs?

Watch
amberL.0905
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I'm about to finish year ten and I'm wondering about the best time to start revising for my GCSEs next June. I have mocks in November so I'll have to revise for those but I'd really rather not be revising all year long. Is it possible to get top grades with only three/four months of revision time?
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
if you've mocks in november then you'll probably be starting revision early on in the year anyway. yes it's possible to do well but imo starting off the year with small and regular sessions of revision is totally manageable and can be sustained throughout the year so...
PixiePresents
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
It definitely is possible (I didn't get much revision time because of covid), but it depends on person from person (some people may remember more from lessons or just be able to memorise content quicker). I would suggest revising at least a month before November mocks so by the time you start revising for your real GCSES, you won't have to do as much work because you'll have remembered a lot from revising for your mocks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (32)
9.73%
Okay (97)
29.48%
A bit lacking (119)
36.17%
Not good at all (81)
24.62%

Watched Threads