Entry Portfolio University

Watch this thread
millie9501
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
So I am probably going to apply for a photography degree later in the year to start in 2022 and i know universities require a portfolio of photography work to be considered for the course.

This probably varies from uni to uni but I was wondering usually what date these portfolios have to be submitted by? or do you usually bring them along to an interview. when would it be best to start developing this portfolio as i don’t want to leave it all to last minute
shooonthebeat
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
I'd recommend getting it done ASAP. I do games art and when I applied to unis I presented my portfolio at the interviews but as you said it may vary for different unis. Check with the unis you're applying for.
Escape Studios Rep
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by millie9501)
So I am probably going to apply for a photography degree later in the year to start in 2022 and i know universities require a portfolio of photography work to be considered for the course.

This probably varies from uni to uni but I was wondering usually what date these portfolios have to be submitted by? or do you usually bring them along to an interview. when would it be best to start developing this portfolio as i don’t want to leave it all to last minute
Hi millie9501!

My name is Rohnak and I have just completed my first year of university, doing a creative course (animation). I'd be glad to share some portfolio advice with you. In short - it really does depend on the university. There isn't a set time that all universities stop accepting portfolios, but if you're aiming to start in September 2022 then most would probably ask for a portfolio this winter, around November at the earliest - at least that's what I found based on my application process.

It's always good to bring your portfolio to the interview since a lot of your time in that interview is going to be spent discussing your work, and the creative vision behind it. Some universities assess your portfolio entirely online for the first step in the application process, so it's smart to have it as a website and PDF as well.

As others have said, you should start working on it as soon as you can and as much as you can! It should be a collection of all your best work and the pieces you like the most. It would be best to develop that for as long as you're able to.

This was only a general overview, so if you have any specific questions I would be glad to answer. Good luck!

Rohnak
Student Ambassador at Escape Studios
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA GCSE English Language Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (78)
18.89%
The paper was reasonable (154)
37.29%
Not feeling great about that exam... (117)
28.33%
It was TERRIBLE (64)
15.5%

Watched Threads