People who got into apprenticeships, what A level results did you get?

Watch
K1712
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
What the title says, for those of you who've gotten into apprenticeships, what grades did you get in your A levels?
diana_rita
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
just finished sixth form this month, so don't know my grades yet, but can give you my predicted grades. im starting a level 4 apprenticeship with a ftse 100 company in september. I took one early and got an A* and the rest of my predicted grades were A*A*A and a B in an AS. my a-level 'assessments' (for lack of a better word but im sure you know what I mean) didn't go as good as I had hoped so im predicting myself to get A*BB-A*BC and C in the AS.
however, all that being said: apprenticeship recruitment teams usually don't care at all about grades!!!!! my grades are quite good but yet i got rejected from probably 30 other apprenticeships (I didn't keep count but it was a loooot). plus the requirements for my apprenticeship (this is copy and pasted) are "As a minimum, candidate will have 2 A Levels in *required subjects* (Grades C+) or 5 GCSEs with grades in English 5+ and Maths 8+" - which by the way if the maths GCSE grade looks high, its in accountancy. anyway, the main thing is, they don't want or need high grades. they look for potential. they're way more interested in who you are and how you work. at the interview for the apprenticeship im doing, they said to me you can pass exams and still not be good at the job, we want someone who will be good at the job.
so there you have it. hope this helped. any questions about anything apprenticeship related get in touch
domesticengineer
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi there
My daughter applied for an apprenticeship with predicted grades of A*AA and the apprenticeship wanted AAB. However since Covid came along her education really suffered with no education being offered at all in the first lockdown - they were all sent home and forgotten about! The second lockdown was better and online learning was offered, but she had got behind by then and her predicted grades slipped to BBB. As a parent I'm proud of her and all other students who managed to stay on their courses and get through this last year, with all the uncertainty and hit and miss education. After speaking with the company she has now moved to another apprenticeship where the grades needed are BBC. So fingers crossed on results day all will be well! But best to have a good look at the job advert as different apprenticeships require different A levels and it depends also what level apprenticeship you are looking for. The apprenticeship that wanted AAB was with an Russel group uni whereas the BBC one was with our local uni. So if you're doing a degree apprenticeship the associated uni might have its own grade requirements. Normally the requirements will be stated in the job advert. Wishing you good luck with your search.
dpsng
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by diana_rita)
just finished sixth form this month, so don't know my grades yet, but can give you my predicted grades. im starting a level 4 apprenticeship with a ftse 100 company in september. I took one early and got an A* and the rest of my predicted grades were A*A*A and a B in an AS. my a-level 'assessments' (for lack of a better word but im sure you know what I mean) didn't go as good as I had hoped so im predicting myself to get A*BB-A*BC and C in the AS.
however, all that being said: apprenticeship recruitment teams usually don't care at all about grades!!!!! my grades are quite good but yet i got rejected from probably 30 other apprenticeships (I didn't keep count but it was a loooot). plus the requirements for my apprenticeship (this is copy and pasted) are "As a minimum, candidate will have 2 A Levels in *required subjects* (Grades C+) or 5 GCSEs with grades in English 5+ and Maths 8+" - which by the way if the maths GCSE grade looks high, its in accountancy. anyway, the main thing is, they don't want or need high grades. they look for potential. they're way more interested in who you are and how you work. at the interview for the apprenticeship im doing, they said to me you can pass exams and still not be good at the job, we want someone who will be good at the job.
so there you have it. hope this helped. any questions about anything apprenticeship related get in touch
May I ask what firm you go to?
Mahoganyyyy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I failed all of my AS levels, got kicked out of sixth form. I found a level 3 apprenticeship in Software Development, worked there for 1.5 years. After finishing the apprenticeship I found a new job at a bigger company, and now I’m starting my degree apprenticeship in September.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (40)
14.49%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (91)
32.97%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (34)
12.32%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (23)
8.33%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (15)
5.43%
I think it's an unfair expectation (70)
25.36%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.09%

Watched Threads