Best way to get rid of stretch marks?

Watch
Lauododns
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Basically I’ve put a little bit of weight on not even that much but for some reason I’ve got stretch marks literally everywhere nearly. Boobs, legs (even at the bottom of my legs like the calves) and my bum and it’s making me feel so rubbish cause summer is approaching and cause they’re red they’re so obvious!
I honestly don’t know why they’re as bad as they are cause I’ve not even put a massive amount of weight on
Vetofferholder1
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Stretch marks can also be a genetic thing! I have some on my inner thighs, boobs and I have noticed some developing on my hips. I just try and moisturise regularly to help with skin elasticity but once they are there, there isn’t a lot you can do as the deeper layers of skin have already ripped and it will take time to heal up. Honestly try not to worry about them, no decent human being cares as they are perfectly normal and natural. I’ve never had anyone comment or noticeably look at mine and I’ve had them for a few years x
AmberLeighEvie
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
coconut oil! I use it for scars and it fades them faster
Cıllıan
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Bio-Oil is good
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Vetofferholder1)
Stretch marks can also be a genetic thing! I have some on my inner thighs, boobs and I have noticed some developing on my hips. I just try and moisturise regularly to help with skin elasticity but once they are there, there isn’t a lot you can do as the deeper layers of skin have already ripped and it will take time to heal up. Honestly try not to worry about them, no decent human being cares as they are perfectly normal and natural. I’ve never had anyone comment or noticeably look at mine and I’ve had them for a few years x
My parents don’t have any and my grandparents don’t as far as I’m aware. Oh really? I thought you could get rid of them? I mean your probably right no one probably cares I don’t notice or think anything of people who have them too but I just don’t like it. X
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by AmberLeighEvie)
coconut oil! I use it for scars and it fades them faster
Never heard of using that, how often do I put it on?
Lauododns
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cıllıan)
Bio-Oil is good
I have that but it’s not rlly worked for me so far
Euapp
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try Lierac Phytolastil gel and solution. It won't get rid of them, but the red or shiny aspect will disappear and it prevents you from getting any more. Costs a bit but good stuff.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (43)
5.8%
Uncertainty around my education (84)
11.34%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (79)
10.66%
Lack of purpose or motivation (94)
12.69%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (39)
5.26%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (42)
5.67%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (80)
10.8%
Financial worries (50)
6.75%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (32)
4.32%
Exposure to negative news/social media (46)
6.21%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (24)
3.24%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (71)
9.58%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (57)
7.69%

Watched Threads