The Student Room Group

clearing 2021

could I decline my insurance offer to add a clearing option?
Original post by Areucereal420

Yes, you can self release into Clearing regardless of whether your Firm or Insurance have accepted you.
Original post by Areucereal420

Yes but you can only do a self release (decline my place) if you are placed at either your firm or insurance.

Some universities don’t start processing insurance applications until the firm choice makes a decision so there’s a risk that you will be delayed by a day or more if your insurance choice isn’t quick to send decisions to ucas.

If you know now that you want to use clearing instead of your insurance choice then ring ucas on Monday to swap your insurance choice to a decline. Then you’ll have no insurance and will be placed straight into clearing if you don’t get accepted by your firm
You would have to decline both your Firm and Insurance.
And you can't enter Clearing until a) it opens, and b) you have your results.
As @McGinger said, you have to decline both your firm and insurance. For example, you cannot keep your firm and decline your insurance and then add a clearing choice. It's either or. You do need your results before going into clearing and there's no guarantee that there are going to be any or many this year. On results day you'd have to decline (i.e. release yourself into clearing) all choices and then add a choice. You have to check if the place is available because the university won't immediately confirm your place. If they reject you, you can add another choice. However, by that time, available places may have been taken by others. In the worst case scenario, you are left with no place (don't know if that happens often though).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending