Aideny13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied for Psychology for September 2021 and I firmed Portsmouth. I have changed my mind and now I really really want to go to to Plymouth as I see myself there more. I already applied for Plymouth this year but I declined them to firm Portsmouth but I made I big mistake. I had all unconditional offers.

I have emailed Plymouth Uni and explained my situation and I’m going to call them when they next open. Are they likely to give me an indication as to if they would accept me in clearing or not. I am a mature student and I have all my grades. I don’t want to delete Portsmouth and risk having nothing at all. But I really want to go to Plymouth.

Will they see my case differently as I have already declined them?
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aideny13)
I applied for Psychology for September 2021 and I firmed Portsmouth. I have changed my mind and now I really really want to go to to Plymouth as I see myself there more. I already applied for Plymouth this year but I declined them to firm Portsmouth but I made I big mistake. I had all unconditional offers.

I have emailed Plymouth Uni and explained my situation and I’m going to call them when they next open. Are they likely to give me an indication as to if they would accept me in clearing or not. I am a mature student and I have all my grades. I don’t want to delete Portsmouth and risk having nothing at all. But I really want to go to Plymouth.

Will they see my case differently as I have already declined them?
Just contact UCAS on Monday and ask if you can swap your replies. They’ll let you know if it’s possible and whether you need to get Plymouth’s approval.
Aideny13
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Admit-One)
Just contact UCAS on Monday and ask if you can swap your replies. They’ll let you know if it’s possible and whether you need to get Plymouth’s approval.
Thing is I have no options as when I confirmed Portsmouth it was unconditional and all my other places went
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aideny13)
Thing is I have no options as when I confirmed Portsmouth it was unconditional and all my other places went
Plymouth may be willing to reinstate the offer. You’re doing the right thing by getting touch with them by phone. If they’re willing to do this you can get then get in touch with UCAS and you might be able to avoid trying to get it all sorted via Clearing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (43)
27.56%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
8.97%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.41%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.05%

Watched Threads