Diarrhoea

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Today i realised i have diarrhoea, nothing major just a stomach ache and the runs, according to the internet I should experience nausea and vomiting. However, I am not experiencing this and it’s been 3 hours since my last run. Have I got gastroenteritis and I will experience vomiting later or have I got the runs with no side effects?
Sgt.Incontro
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Today i realised i have diarrhoea, nothing major just a stomach ache and the runs, according to the internet I should experience nausea and vomiting. However, I am not experiencing this and it’s been 3 hours since my last run. Have I got gastroenteritis and I will experience vomiting later or have I got the runs with no side effects?
Unlikely you've got gastroenteritis (i.e. caused by a viral or more commonly bacterial infection), unless you're vomiting and have a fever.

Most likely you ate something dodgy. Just drink lots of fluids (water preferably) to replace what you lost from the diarrhoea, avoid greasy foods, and rest, it'll clear up.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Sgt.Incontro)
Unlikely you've got gastroenteritis (i.e. caused by a viral or more commonly bacterial infection), unless you're vomiting and have a fever.

Most likely you ate something dodgy. Just drink lots of fluids (water preferably) to replace what you lost from the diarrhoea, avoid greasy foods, and rest, it'll clear up.
Thanks, i did have 2 coffees today and I am a teenager so i’m not sure if that means anything, I don’t want to eat yet as i don’t want it to be worse
Celtic Conjurer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Diarrhoea is not automatically linked to nausea and vomiting. You can have one without the other.
Sgt.Incontro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks, i did have 2 coffees today and I am a teenager so i’m not sure if that means anything, I don’t want to eat yet as i don’t want it to be worse
Is this the first time you've had coffee?

Coffee irritates the bowel in some people and can cause or aggravate IBS. I would avoid drinking any coffee until your diarrhoea clears up.

You can also buy Imodium from a pharmacy which will stop your diarrhoea, if it's really bad, or if it's interfering with anything (e.g. work or other duties).
Anonymous #1
Is this the first time you've had coffee?

Coffee irritates the bowel in some people and can cause or aggravate IBS. I would avoid drinking any coffee until your diarrhoea clears up.

You can also buy Imodium from a pharmacy which will stop your diarrhoea, if it's really bad, or if it's interfering with anything (e.g. work or other duties).
I have cofffee every couple days, never twice a day though
Sgt.Incontro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have cofffee every couple days, never twice a day though
More than likely it was something else you ate or drank then.

One sure way to find out is to wait a few days till you're completely cleared up, have the same two coffees again, and see what happens.
Anonymous #1
More than likely it was something else you ate or drank then.

One sure way to find out is to wait a few days till you're completely cleared up, have the same two coffees again, and see what happens.
Could be the milk I had in them also, when do you recommend I eat?
Sgt.Incontro
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Could be the milk I had in them also, when do you recommend I eat?
No it's not the milk, unless your lactose intolerant.

There's no reason to be fasting - you should be eating. Just eat more plain foods (e.g. toast, potatoes), and avoid greasy foods.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.55%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (74)
13.14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.68%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.97%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.66%
Financial worries (35)
6.22%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.17%

Watched Threads