The Student Room Group

Helppppppppppppp

so recently I have applied for primary ed for university and they have sent me a link to complete both a dbs checck application and occupational health check.

The issue is that when I applied through ucas I only put my forname and surname, NOT my middle name.

When I completed my occuptional health check application I only put my first name and last name.

I am currently completing my dbs check application and I am confused. Do I include my middle name in this? because it states that all names need to match any identification documents, and my middle name is included on these.

However if I do include my middle name on this I am worried it might not match my occupational health apllication? So what do I do?
Reply 2
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
so recently I have applied for primary ed for university and they have sent me a link to complete both a dbs checck application and occupational health check.

The issue is that when I applied through ucas I only put my forname and surname, NOT my middle name.

When I completed my occuptional health check application I only put my first name and last name.

I am currently completing my dbs check application and I am confused. Do I include my middle name in this? because it states that all names need to match any identification documents, and my middle name is included on these.

However if I do include my middle name on this I am worried it might not match my occupational health apllication? So what do I do?

Give your full name, as it appears on your identification. If there's a problem, you'll be asked to explain it. It seems that you have a straightforward explanation, so I can't see why it wouldn't be accepted.

It seems odd (to me) that you wouldn't give your full name on things like university applications. This will mean that your degree certificate won't include your full name, and you'll potentially hit this same problem when you apply for jobs. But this is easily fixed: your university should be able to update their records, but you'll probably have to turn up somewhere with your identification documents as evidence of your full name before they'll do that.
Hello

As Martin says, you need to complete your name in full for your DBS (Police records) check.

You don' need to worry about your full name not appearing on the Fitness to Teach assessment, but you should have your full name available for your QTS documentation and so on enrolment, make sure that the University if fully aware of that.

Jane
Reply 5
Original post by martin7
Give your full name, as it appears on your identification. If there's a problem, you'll be asked to explain it. It seems that you have a straightforward explanation, so I can't see why it wouldn't be accepted.

It seems odd (to me) that you wouldn't give your full name on things like university applications. This will mean that your degree certificate won't include your full name, and you'll potentially hit this same problem when you apply for jobs. But this is easily fixed: your university should be able to update their records, but you'll probably have to turn up somewhere with your identification documents as evidence of your full name before they'll do that.

I didnt include my full name because I knew that it wouldn't match my name in my gcse and a level certificates.
😑
So would it be possible to update my name in the university?
Reply 6
Original post by Get into Teaching
Hello

As Martin says, you need to complete your name in full for your DBS (Police records) check.

You don' need to worry about your full name not appearing on the Fitness to Teach assessment, but you should have your full name available for your QTS documentation and so on enrolment, make sure that the University if fully aware of that.

Jane

How can I make sure that my university is aware of my full name?
Hello

You would need to alert the admissions service that you have a middle name that's not been included on other documentation.

You must put your full name on the DBS check, and provide suitable identification and proof of address.

Jane

Quick Reply

Latest