Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Please explain your choice either way.
Jasmin3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes- to protect myself but most importantly to protect my family and other vulnerable people
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I just got my invite today. I think it's silly that on the pamphlet attached they say they can't confirm how effective the vaccine is or how much it actuallt reduces the risk of infection and transmission - whereas on the news they're saying it's 75% effective. Not a good way to convince people
black tea
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes - the benefits well outweigh the risks
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
Right now no because I am terrified of injections. However, I’m hoping to have at least the first one by September! Mind over matter

I do refuse to have the Astra Zeneca one though, someone at my mums work died from a blood clot after having it. I’m fat and on certain medications so already at a heightened risk
White Boy Summer
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
no I would rather trust me natural immune system
Foxehh
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, because I already am
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just got my invite today. I think it's silly that on the pamphlet attached they say they can't confirm how effective the vaccine is or how much it actuallt reduces the risk of infection and transmission - whereas on the news they're saying it's 75% effective. Not a good way to convince people
Completely agree
jas149
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm getting my first dose on Sunday. I decided to have it because I have a feeling that the government will just make life difficult for those who won't get vaccinated, such as having to take covid tests frequently when travelling etc
Last edited by jas149; 1 month ago
Moonlight rain
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm getting my second one done tomorrow because I believe it will work
RebeccaMc3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah because I don't want to risk my health or life from a preventable illness. Covid can still be spread through vaccinated people but the risk of serious illness/hospitalisation and death is reduced by 97%. That seems like a pretty good deal. And, if people are not being hospitalised due to covid, things like life-saving surgeries and medical treatments can happen without issue.
Also, I'm a female on birth control where the rate of blood clots is 1 in 10,000 as opposed to 1 in 3 million. The comparative risk is hella low.

Why would you not take it?
Last edited by RebeccaMc3; 1 month ago
vettycroissant
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Right now no because I am terrified of injections. However, I’m hoping to have at least the first one by September! Mind over matter

I do refuse to have the Astra Zeneca one though, someone at my mums work died from a blood clot after having it. I’m fat and on certain medications so already at a heightened risk
If you're under 40 the booking system will only allow you to book appointments for the Pfizer or Moderna! It won't show you any AZ ones. I had my injection the other day and the staff were really nice, they have a chat with you before they do it too which is a good opportunity to tell them you are scared of injections. They will have seen lots of others and know how to handle it. I went to a big vaccination centre and I get a bit fainty when having jabs so they gave it to me lying on a bed trolley and attendants came to chat with me before I was allowed to go. I also didn't feel it. Hope that reassures you!
RebeccaMc3
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Let me get this right; after your mother's friend was killed by this so-called 'vaccine' you still want to roll the dice with your health? I suppose you could say the same about COVID but, good luck.
You know what is more likely to give you a blood clot than the covid vaccine? covid.
_gcx
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yeah, booking one for when i get home

see no reason not to
vettycroissant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No COVID-19 vaccines to date prevent communication of COVID-19, unfortunately.
It does reduce transmission. https://www.bmj.com/content/373/bmj.n1112
vettycroissant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes, I've already had my first dose. I had covid in November last year and it made me unwell for many months, I am only just recovered now. If the vaccination can prevent me getting it again, or prevent someone else getting it then I will happily do so.

The appointment went very smoothly and I luckily had no side effects except for a sore arm. I had Pfizer.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No.
I've only had one vaccine in my life as a child for polio and I don't plan to have any more.
My parents were antivaxxers, as were my mother's religious family.
chlamydia9000
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've had both shots of the Astrazeneca. At the time of the first one the news about blood clots wasn't confirmed. I wouldn't have had the vaccine had I known that. I did try to have the second dose changed the Pfizer but they wouldn't allow mixing vaccines.

I had it mainly to reduce the risk of infecting my mum, who would certainly be doomed if I infected her.
Hazzz01
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
yes, getting my second one in August.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
yes i had mine two weeks ago. the benefits outweigh the risks and i’ve been vaccinated against everything else eg mmr etc and i’ve been fine
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (33)
5.62%
Uncertainty around my education (69)
11.75%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.24%
Lack of purpose or motivation (75)
12.78%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (33)
5.62%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (31)
5.28%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (63)
10.73%
Financial worries (38)
6.47%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (24)
4.09%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
5.79%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.56%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (59)
10.05%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (47)
8.01%

Watched Threads