Speedy453
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Would love to hear experiences I'm pretty broke😂 which kind of jobs did you find and what experiences did you have thank you
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Speedy453)
Would love to hear experiences I'm pretty broke😂 which kind of jobs did you find and what experiences did you have thank you
Hey Speedy453

I wanted to give my experience of my gap year(s). I originally planned to take the standard one year gap year and after college I continued working in my retail job. The year went by very fast and I managed to save some money as I was living at home at the time. I decided at the end of the year that I wanted to do some travelling and not go to university just yet. During my travels I applied for a job in the finance industry and got the job so I flew home and started my new job Three years went by when I finally decided to come to university. Although the 'gap year' lasted much longer than I had planned I do feel that it was the best thing for me. I learnt a lot of new skills that helped my during my course, I managed to save some money and I also had completely changed my direction of studies.

I think a gap year can benefit you in many ways, but at the same time for a lot of people going straight in to university is best for them. Have you got a career service / advice department at your school/college? Maybe they could help you with your decision I think in terms of what jobs you can get it depends on what's available but typically things like hospitality and retail jobs are great for school leavers and you can usually get some overtime in these roles during busy periods which can help you to save!! Best of luck,

Megan
University of Hull Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (40)
27.4%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (12)
8.22%
No I am happy with my choice (84)
57.53%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (10)
6.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise