Why do boys look worse in photos

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
All the boys I've come across in real life, look decent, then I go on their instagrams and they look worse in the photos. Also the same for youtube videos. I see a male youtuber, go on their instagram profiles and find that they look worse in the pictures than in the video. It's not even just a little bit worse, it's almost like 2 different people. Are boys just **** at taking photos of themselves
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think because there’s more time to judge.
If you saw a guy in person, you’re not really going to be evaluating him as you’d do with pictures.

I would also say it depends on the guy. Some guys genuinely just can’t take pictures.
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Many guys are not photogenic, don't understand the importance of good lighting and never use filters or any photo-editing tools.
Same applies to some girls.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Why does it matter as long as they look 'decent' in real life?
Katya_93
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Problem with this is, when they do know how to take good pics, people (speaking in generalised terms here) automatically think they're gay/bisexual.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Katya_93)
Problem with this is, when they do know how to take good pics, people (speaking in generalised terms here) automatically think they're gay/bisexual.
tbh i feel like the people that judge men for "acting gay" are other men. and men clearly care more about the approval of other men than women lmaooo.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
All the boys I've come across in real life, look decent, then I go on their instagrams and they look worse in the photos. Also the same for youtube videos. I see a male youtuber, go on their instagram profiles and find that they look worse in the pictures than in the video. It's not even just a little bit worse, it's almost like 2 different people. Are boys just **** at taking photos of themselves
I on the other hand look very good both in reality and in the photos...
NonIndigenous
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Cos I don't care. lol
ANM775
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I think the camera honestly hates me.
not saying i'm male model material or anything but I definitely think I look better IRL than in photos..
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Why does it matter as long as they look 'decent' in real life?
Yeah I know it doesn't matter, just a random observation I've made
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Asymmetry does us good.
Lucifer323
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ANM775)
I think the camera honestly hates me.
not saying i'm male model material or anything but I definitely think I look better IRL than in photos..
Never had any issue.
Good on camera and off camera...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.67%
Excited but a bit nervous (146)
45.34%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.8%
I'm really nervous (65)
20.19%

Watched Threads