Men and Woman's virginity

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
If u tell a man you're a virgin , will they be more focused on that rather than the relationship?

Movies make it seem like a yes , but ofc this is real life but since im anxious about it being true, especially going to uni this year , and it's nerve wracking.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
virginity is a social construct. don’t worry about it. i worried so much about mine. it really doesn’t matter at all. try to have sex for the first time with someone you really love and care for / trust. this will make the experience so much better
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It depends on the specific guy or girl.
Their specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences and values.
I wouldn't date a virgin guy but a few of my heterosexual female friends are only willing to date or marry fellow virgins, often because they are religious traditionalists and support sexual abstinence until marriage.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
I don't think most guys care so much anymore, if anything in my experience it's been a barrier because guys don't want the 'responsibility' that comes with it. It didn't mean as much to the person i was with (serious relationship) simply as virginity mattering is usually a religious thing and the biological part is really not that meaningful on its own.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
virginity is a social construct. don’t worry about it. i worried so much about mine. it really doesn’t matter at all. try to have sex for the first time with someone you really love and care for / trust. this will make the experience so much better
I dont have a problem with thinking that way , but people go on about how precious it is , which it is but i dotn want to keep it forever
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends on the specific guy or girl.
Their specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences and values.
I wouldn't date a virgin guy but a few of my heterosexual female friends are only willing to date or marry fellow virgins, often because they are religious traditionalists and support sexual abstinence until marriage.
I totally understand all the different factors affecting it and its their choice if they want to save themselves till marriage, with me is not the case , thats what im kind of more anxious about as there might be some people that would go with a virgin just to say at the end of the day - i stole her v-card and claim to be the alpha and **** like that. That type of people im afriad to meet .
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
Just say the truth. There is really no point to pretend someone you are not. Some people may have a preference for virgins or experienced indiviguals but you shouldnt go out with someone who wouldnt go out with you if you actually said the truth about your history.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think you as a woman have any reason to worry if men reject you if you say you're a virgin.
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, they shouldn't be virginity is imaginary anyway. Never having had sex before is real and doesn't matter because it's hardly rocket science. The only basis for virignity is the tearing of the hymen but you don't need to have sex to tear the hymen so there's that one out the window.
Anonymous #1
Just say the truth. There is really no point to pretend someone you are not. Some people may have a preference for virgins or experienced indiviguals but you shouldnt go out with someone who wouldnt go out with you if you actually said the truth about your history.
I wasnt planning on not telling that fututre someone , but yeah i get it .
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
I don't think you as a woman have any reason to worry if men reject you if you say you're a virgin.
Im not worried about the rejecting thing , its more like - look at what i said for #6 , thats what i mean , maybe its just in my head or movies played a big role in it but as i said this is real life not films and stuff
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ROTL94)
No, they shouldn't be virginity is imaginary anyway. Never having had sex before is real and doesn't matter because it's hardly rocket science. The only basis for virignity is the tearing of the hymen but you don't need to have sex to tear the hymen so there's that one out the window.
So basically the whole virginity thing is not real, wow never thought it wouldnt be but that does make me a bit better
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So basically the whole virginity thing is not real, wow never thought it wouldnt be but that does make me a bit better
Basically, yes. Good, it served its purpose then.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I wasnt planning on not telling that fututre someone , but yeah i get it .
Im not worried about the rejecting thing , its more like - look at what i said for #6 , thats what i mean , maybe its just in my head or movies played a big role in it but as i said this is real life not films and stuff
I see.
Anonymous #1
I don't think most guys care so much anymore, if anything in my experience it's been a barrier because guys don't want the 'responsibility' that comes with it. It didn't mean as much to the person i was with (serious relationship) simply as virginity mattering is usually a religious thing and the biological part is really not that meaningful on its own.
Thats nice to know that most dont care anymore, i felt like before it was a huge thing but i guess it changed and im glad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (54)
29.35%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (15)
8.15%
No I am happy with my choice (101)
54.89%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (14)
7.61%

Watched Threads