Men and Woman's virginity

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If u tell a man you're a virgin , will they be more focused on that rather than the relationship?

Movies make it seem like a yes , but ofc this is real life but since im anxious about it being true, especially going to uni this year , and it's nerve wracking.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
virginity is a social construct. don’t worry about it. i worried so much about mine. it really doesn’t matter at all. try to have sex for the first time with someone you really love and care for / trust. this will make the experience so much better
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
It depends on the specific guy or girl.
Their specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences and values.
I wouldn't date a virgin guy but a few of my heterosexual female friends are only willing to date or marry fellow virgins, often because they are religious traditionalists and support sexual abstinence until marriage.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I don't think most guys care so much anymore, if anything in my experience it's been a barrier because guys don't want the 'responsibility' that comes with it. It didn't mean as much to the person i was with (serious relationship) simply as virginity mattering is usually a religious thing and the biological part is really not that meaningful on its own.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
virginity is a social construct. don’t worry about it. i worried so much about mine. it really doesn’t matter at all. try to have sex for the first time with someone you really love and care for / trust. this will make the experience so much better
I dont have a problem with thinking that way , but people go on about how precious it is , which it is but i dotn want to keep it forever
Anonymous #1
(Original post by londonmyst)
It depends on the specific guy or girl.
Their specific attraction dealbreakers, relationship preferences and values.
I wouldn't date a virgin guy but a few of my heterosexual female friends are only willing to date or marry fellow virgins, often because they are religious traditionalists and support sexual abstinence until marriage.
I totally understand all the different factors affecting it and its their choice if they want to save themselves till marriage, with me is not the case , thats what im kind of more anxious about as there might be some people that would go with a virgin just to say at the end of the day - i stole her v-card and claim to be the alpha and **** like that. That type of people im afriad to meet .
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
Just say the truth. There is really no point to pretend someone you are not. Some people may have a preference for virgins or experienced indiviguals but you shouldnt go out with someone who wouldnt go out with you if you actually said the truth about your history.
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
I don't think you as a woman have any reason to worry if men reject you if you say you're a virgin.
Anonymous #1
Just say the truth. There is really no point to pretend someone you are not. Some people may have a preference for virgins or experienced indiviguals but you shouldnt go out with someone who wouldnt go out with you if you actually said the truth about your history.
I wasnt planning on not telling that fututre someone , but yeah i get it .
Anonymous #1
(Original post by SlaveofAll)
I don't think you as a woman have any reason to worry if men reject you if you say you're a virgin.
Im not worried about the rejecting thing , its more like - look at what i said for #6 , thats what i mean , maybe its just in my head or movies played a big role in it but as i said this is real life not films and stuff
Anonymous #1
So basically the whole virginity thing is not real, wow never thought it wouldnt be but that does make me a bit better
SlaveofAll
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I wasnt planning on not telling that fututre someone , but yeah i get it .
Im not worried about the rejecting thing , its more like - look at what i said for #6 , thats what i mean , maybe its just in my head or movies played a big role in it but as i said this is real life not films and stuff
I see.
Anonymous #1
I don't think most guys care so much anymore, if anything in my experience it's been a barrier because guys don't want the 'responsibility' that comes with it. It didn't mean as much to the person i was with (serious relationship) simply as virginity mattering is usually a religious thing and the biological part is really not that meaningful on its own.
Thats nice to know that most dont care anymore, i felt like before it was a huge thing but i guess it changed and im glad
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How did The Student Room help you with your university application?

Talking to current university students (19)
18.63%
Talking to peers going through the same thing (35)
34.31%
Speaking to student ambassadors from the universities (6)
5.88%
Speaking to staff members from universities (2)
1.96%
Using the personal statement builder, library or helper service (10)
9.8%
Reading articles about what steps to take (19)
18.63%
Learning about/speaking to Student Finance England (4)
3.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
6.86%

Watched Threads