huszlabemi
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am an international student and am currently pursuing a career as a healthcare professional in the UK. I am struggling to choose which University to study at right now. As far as I know those top ranked University requires a more expensive fee but I am not sure if I can afford it, so I am wondering if it really matters which university you are graduated from ? I am worried that if I am graduated from a lower rank University, it will affect my chance of getting employed in the future.
Last edited by huszlabemi; 1 month ago
SyedN
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you an international students? If not then all universities have the same £9250 fees.
_kvymnnn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tuition fees are the same across high ranking and low ranking unis in the uk? Unless you're talking about living costs, which really depends on the location and not the ranking
huszlabemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
Are you an international students? If not then all universities have the same £9250 fees.
Yes I am an international student, that's why those high ranking universities cost a lot more .
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by huszlabemi)
Yes I am an international student, that's why those high ranking universities cost a lot more .
Ah fair enough, what healthcare course are you looking at? If it's medicine and you want to practice in the UK, it honestly doesn't matter what university you graduate from.
huszlabemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
Ah fair enough, what healthcare course are you looking at? If it's medicine and you want to practice in the UK, it honestly doesn't matter what university you graduate from.
I am looking for Dietetics course and want to practice in the UK. Is it only medicine or does it applied to all healthcare course?
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am looking for Dietetics course and want to practice in the UK. Is it only medicine or does it applied to all healthcare course?
It won't matter which uni you go to if the course is accredited

https://www.bda.uk.com/about-dieteti...dietitian.html
SyedN
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you an undergrad? And honestly, for Dietetics I don't it would matter either since there's only 19 Universities in the whole of UK (Including Northern Ireland) that do it.

But I might be wrong, if I am people are free to correct me.
Last edited by SyedN; 1 month ago
huszlabemi
Rep:
?
(Original post by SyedN)
Are you an undergrad? And honestly, for Dietetics I don't it would matter either since there's only 19 Universities in the whole of UK (Including Northern Ireland) that do it.

But I might be wrong, if I am people are free to correct me.
Yes, I am an undergrad looking for postgraduate Dietetics. Such a relief to hear that!
Coventry University Student Ambassadors
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I am an international student and am currently pursuing a career as a healthcare professional in the UK. I am struggling to choose which University to study at right now. As far as I know those top ranked University requires a more expensive fee but I am not sure if I can afford it, so I am wondering if it really matters which university you are graduated from ? I am worried that if I am graduated from a lower rank University, it will affect my chance of getting employed in the future.
Hi huszlabemi,

It's great to hear you're interested in wanting to study Dietetics in the UK!

Due to the speciality of Dietetics, only a small number of universities offer the course therefore it doesn't matter which university you choose as long as the course is accredited by the British Dietetic Association (BDA). Your ability to get employment will not matter. To find out which universities offer Dietetics, you can find out here!

I am a current second-year student studying Dietetics and Human Nutrition at Coventry University if you'd like to ask any questions!

Veronica
Dietetics and Human Nutrition Student
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (30)
5.33%
Uncertainty around my education (65)
11.55%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (66)
11.72%
Lack of purpose or motivation (74)
13.14%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (32)
5.68%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (28)
4.97%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (60)
10.66%
Financial worries (35)
6.22%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (22)
3.91%
Exposure to negative news/social media (34)
6.04%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (15)
2.66%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (56)
9.95%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (46)
8.17%

Watched Threads