The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

How lenient is the Foundation year engineering course with grades?

I've applied for the Engineering Course (BBB) as my firm, I don't think I'll get onto this one. I also applied for the Engineering foundation year (CCC) as my insurance as I really want to go to UEA. However, due to some issues regarding my mental health over the exam period and last few years, it looks like I am only going to get BDD (B in Physics, D in Maths and Chemistry). Obviously these aren't confirmed but they look likely. Is there any chance of me getting in with these or have I got no chance?
Original post by Anonymous
I've applied for the Engineering Course (BBB) as my firm, I don't think I'll get onto this one. I also applied for the Engineering foundation year (CCC) as my insurance as I really want to go to UEA. However, due to some issues regarding my mental health over the exam period and last few years, it looks like I am only going to get BDD (B in Physics, D in Maths and Chemistry). Obviously these aren't confirmed but they look likely. Is there any chance of me getting in with these or have I got no chance?

Are you prepared to look at other unis?
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Are you prepared to look at other unis?

If I have to yes, I want to go to uni this year, I would just really want to go to UEA. I'm assuming you don't think I should be optimistic about my chances?
Original post by Anonymous
If I have to yes, I want to go to uni this year, I would just really want to go to UEA. I'm assuming you don't think I should be optimistic about my chances?

I think it's best to look aroiund and have a back-up plan :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest