i cant deal with the awkwardness of talking to guys for the first time?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Few days ago I got on a call to a guy who i met on an app. Its extremely awkward. He was nervous and so was I. I kept stuttering (lmao) because I was so nervous. It got slightly better. Then after our phone call he texted me and asked how I found the phone call with an eye emoji. Like that didnt make it any more awkward lmao. I said I found it good and so did he. Now I am just like now what. I know he likes me because he texts me sometimes asking about stuff. Its too awkard for me and it really puts me off. This feels strange and I wish I was one of the lucky ones who meet their partners in real life where youre friends first without the awkwardness and then you get together. What shall I do now? we just called each other so do we just text? go onto facetime? does anyone else have awkward experiences like this? I feel like not talking to him anymore but I think hes good looking and theres potential for something but the awkwardness is getting in the way
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The awkwardness should wear away with time spent talking to each other (not texting). I understand how you feel though. I'm sure he'll acknowledge your nervousness. You could just admit it, he shouldn't mind.

Go back to texting and someone will initiate a phone call if they feel like it, likely him lol. Whatever is convenient for both is best.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah, I agree with the above poster.

Awkwardness at the start is pretty much normal. If anything it means you even like him more than you expected. You can’t just expect to automatically figure out this person if it’s your first time talking to them; same thing applies for interviews, when you meet someone new etc. Only a few can actually openly make stuff not awkward.

You both still found it good, so that means you can work around the awkwardness with time. Just text and face time him regularly, don’t think about it too much.

I do think I have many awkward experiences - all I have learnt from. So take it as an experience, if anything.

Good luck. :yy:
Last edited by CaptainDuckie; 1 month ago
SlaveofAll
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Expand the number of guys to talk to, and you'll do better to start with online conversations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (35)
14.89%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (72)
30.64%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (29)
12.34%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (20)
8.51%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (13)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (63)
26.81%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise